Bogen m60XA ? larger output tranny thna PS?

Rockmonton

Infected with Altecitis
i saw one of these today for sale for 80$ canadian, i believe it works, but it seems to have like a frequency cut from about 200 to 10 hertz and the output tranny is almost double the size of the power supply? any idea what the hell is up with this? is it worth buying just to find out?

You may have checked already but are you sure you have identified the right transformers? Typically Bogen's have pretty small output transformers.
I have a Bogen with the low-frequency filter control but it is a pre-amp only.

Are you sure about the model #? There is a MX60A. If so - I found some a couple threads on DIYAUDIO site something to effect of tube substitution and ultralinear transformer and removing the feedback network for guitar use. Don't know if it is worth all the trouble. :scratch2:

i'm sure, it may have been mx, but it was a larger oputput than ps, it was very bizarre, i would probably convert it, i picked up an m60a that neets wither an 8417, or a rewire to 6550's but it still doesent sound too bad with just the one tube. i am really considering it because it would be pretty cool to pull apart and see how it works inside, and the reason it says something about being a low frequency or whatever on the front, and i would convert it to guitar use, but it looks pretty cool, except i have no use for another project right now. dang. oh well, thats enough incessant rambling for one post

Back
Top Bottom