Bogen MT-100 Tube

Grapdawg

Hey all, need some feedback. Im a bit of a auction and estate junkie. I just had a battle with another bidder on a working Bogen MT-100. I won auction for 39.00 plus fees etc. Was i being stupid or is this a ok deal. I may have it serviced and keep it or might just let her go for a small profit. I don't know. Sometimes i'm my own worst enemy. I didn't have much time to research as i stumbled on the auction late. I really would like to have a decent tube amp. Hoping this is a good start. My son is really stoked to hook it up to our Leslie rotary speaker!

Thanks for any feedback

Last edited:
Hey all, need some feedback. Im a bit of a auction and estate junkie. I just had a battle with another bidder on a working Bogen MT-100. I won auction for 39.00 plus fees etc. Was i being stupid or is this a ok deal. I may have it serviced and keep it or might just let her go for a small profit. I don't know. Sometimes i'm my own worst enemy. I didn't have much time to research as i stumbled on the auction late. I really would like to have a decent tube amp. Hoping this is a good start. My son is really stoked to hook it up to our Leslie rotary speaker!

Thanks for any feedback
When I was still a teenager, I bought its big brother -- an MT120 -- for $5 at a garage sale. It looked like this one: https://reverb.com/uk/item/3426183-70-s-bogen-m120-tube-amp

Mine had a burned-out output transformer, but I jury-rigged a replacement out of what I was told was the remnants of police mobile public-address unit.

What I had, and what you have, is a mono public address -- PA -- amp. It's no use for stereo unless you find another, and then they wouldn't sound that great anyway. It's a good vintage PA unit. Some folks use them as guitar or bass amplifiers. I used mine as a bass amplifier, and for that it was fine.

Thanks for the reply. I'm planning on using it for a guitar amp, I had a Leslie amp I wish I had never gotten rid of and have been in search of another tube amp since.

Back
Top Bottom