Bohemian Rhapsody

Bosphrous

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Has anyone seen this movie, yet? It is getting good ratings and reviews at IMDB, and some critics are, well, critical, per usual. I was supposed to see Queen headlining for Mott the Hoople in 1974, but Brian May was ill. I saw them in 1975 on their tour for the album Sheer Heart Attack, and was the best concert I ever saw (although I was stuffed behind the mixing board and had to stand or crane my neck to see well). I'm just wondering what people think about this film, because I am thinking of seeing it tonight.

Last edited:
I want to see it. I have had several of Queen's albums over the years. I had a copy of "Night at the Opera" that I bought new. Really good album! Don't know what ever happened to it. I have a "Greatest Hits" album that I rarely listen to. Here's a funny: When I was a teenager, I was so naive. I never even had an inkling that Freddie was gay. It wasn't until I was in my twenties that I even heard about it. Not important. Just kind of funny how different things are today.

I'm checking it out this weekend and like what I've seen on trailers.
I too saw Queen on the Sheer Heart Attack tour @ Santa Monica Civic and as far as Freddie being gay,that escaped me too. Hell to be honest I didnt even know a QUEEN was an effeminate gay man until my 30's.

Just got home from seeing it: I absolutely loved it! Queen was the first concert I ever saw on ‘The Game’ tour and was hoping this movie wouldn’t disappoint. It didn’t; everyone was great and there where a couple of moments that almost got to my emotions. Don’t miss this one.

Attachments

• 61F91A24-FE49-4F81-B4D6-6BC6436C618E.jpeg
    61F91A24-FE49-4F81-B4D6-6BC6436C618E.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 36
Just got home from seeing it: I absolutely loved it! Queen was the first concert I ever saw on ‘The Game’ tour and was hoping this movie wouldn’t disappoint. It didn’t; everyone was great and there where a couple of moments that almost got to my emotions. Don’t miss this one.
I remember when the Hot Space album came out with Freddie sporting that stache,next thing you knew it was the fashion statement among the Male gay community. Dude had a following worldwide.

I regret never seeing them, loved the early stuff through A Night at the Opera. I won't go to a movie in a theater very often, so I'll wait for the DVD.

Bohemian Rhapsody in XD with 11.1 sound. It was fantastic. I wasn’t expecting the intensity of my emotional reaction which ran from goosebumps to watery eyes. We came home and played News of the World and A Night at the Opera. Hope to listen to Jazz and Live Killer today.

I was supposed to see Queen headlining for Mott the Hoople in 1974, but Brian May was ill.

Hm, this billing was precidely the opposite, Chicago, 1974:

Headliner: Mott The Hoople
Opener: Queen

We went to see MTH, but had heard of and heard Queen (first LP only) by this time. '74 was MTH's final gasp, if one doesn't count the pitiful post-Hunter assembly that resulted, ultimately, in the formation of a "new" group named British Lions.

Anyway, in Chicago 1974 it was Queen opening and Mott The Hoople headlining.

I wonder why they "flipped" the running order in the vicinity where you saw this tour?

When I saw Mott the Hoople the opening act blew them off the stage,in fact they were fired half way through the tour. They were a very hungry Aerosmith,the best opening act I ever saw.

I really enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody, thought it had just enough expose on Freddie's life
without taking away from his legacy. Sad that in that business there are so many users looking to enjoy the party.
Queen had a nice run.

I also loved the on going saga of 'I'm in Love With My Car.' Very amusing and it was my favorite song off of 'A Night at the Opera.'

When I saw Mott the Hoople the opening act blew them off the stage,in fact they were fired half way through the tour. They were a very hungry Aerosmith,the best opening act I ever saw.

When I saw the Hoople in 74, they were bumped up to the main act because of Brian May's hepatitis. Another Boston band called Skyhook backed them up. Mott's show was one of the most amazing I have ever seen. Fired? By whom? A manager? That's a laugh: A manager firing a band.
Aerosmith better than Mott? Maybe slightly better lyric writing, but they just don't have the melodic diversity of Mott. it's like comparing a carpenter to an interior decorator. Apples-to-oranges.

I was definitely a huge Queen fan growing up. Court Jester Freddie, or Black Leather Freddie, it was all good. So, sad when he passed away. There will never be another Freddie Mercury. A truly unique talent.

I do want to see Bohemian Rhapsody, but my schedule doesn't allow much free time. So, I have my doubts if I can get to the theater for it? A movie long in the works too. Lot's of directors and actors attached to it, only to fall through again and again. Rami Malek is a fine actor, and looks to be a good choice. But, I wish that a singer had been cast in the part instead of an actor. I have to admit, Luke Spiller of The Struts, was my first choice for Freddie. Luke could be the love child of Freddie. An awesome voice too. I'd be ecstatic to see him perform with Queen. That would be something.

Back
Top Bottom