Bohemian Rhapsody

The point of interest for me to see it is Brian May's emotional investment in the result.

When I saw the Hoople in 74, they were bumped up to the main act because of Brian May's hepatitis. Another Boston band called Skyhook backed them up. Mott's show was one of the most amazing I have ever seen. Fired? By whom? A manager? That's a laugh: A manager firing a band.
Aerosmith better than Mott? Maybe slightly better lyric writing, but they just don't have the melodic diversity of Mott. it's like comparing a carpenter to an interior decorator. Apples-to-oranges.
If you read Walk This Way Aerosmith was fired by Ian Hunter. I was not impressed with Mott the Hoople,they basically concentrated on The Hoople album and nothing from earlier material. One of the worst opening acts I've seen imo, was hoping they would touch on All the Young Dudes at least.

My youngest daughter went to see it this past weekend and loved it so much that she's going back for an encore! I hope to go with her this weekend!

It’s a great movie, lot of whiners picking holes but you get that with every biopic, Malek is phenomenal, there were one or two instances where I thought they were using documentary footage, so convincing was his performance. Just like a few other posters, it did tug at the heartstrings especially the recreation of Live Aid, just phenomenal. Came home from the cinema and my 19 year old son (big Queen fan who had seen the movie with me) put on the actual Live Aid performance, magic. If you like Queen, you gotta see this.

Jack Jr and I enjoyed it a great deal. Good acting and the concert scenes were fantastic.

Yea, there is a lot of artistic license.

I also loved the on going saga of 'I'm in Love With My Car.' Very amusing and it was my favorite song off of 'A Night at the Opera.'

Bohemian Rhapsody was one of 4 45's that served as my minimal record collection until I was almost to college... I'm in Love With My Car was the B-side to BR. Do I have enough interest to see this movie right now? I don't have the cash to see movies right now. But if I did, I'd check this out.

Bohemian Rhapsody was one of 4 45's that served as my minimal record collection until I was almost to college... I'm in Love With My Car was the B-side to BR. Do I have enough interest to see this movie right now? I don't have the cash to see movies right now. But if I did, I'd check this out.

I have the cash, but not the interest. I love the music of Queen and I can listen to that any time I am not working. I am just not that enthusiastic about seeing a movie about the group, or FM.

Others have said there is some artistic licence with this film - I agree. Saw it last nite.

Have to say that it left a pretty bad taste in my mouth. Im glad the story was made, but the writing was clumsy, the film jumped around from year to year - seemingly at random. A lot went into the explanation of how some certain songs were made, but even those scenes felt a bit empty.

It was great to see the Queen story made into a film, but the Live Aid stuff at the end felt the most inauthentic to me - everyone looking at Freddy, as if they were thinking "isnt he doing well!!!" when no one actually knew he was dying until years later.The "lets make up" scene between Freddie & his dad also made no sense and was cringeworthy.

The film was plagued with production, acting, directing problems and I can see why. It just felt a little bit strange to me, it wasnt quite hitting the mark. Sasha Baron Cohen was to originally play Freddie with a bit more depth, however the other queen members rejected this. Plus John Deacon wasnt involved in the film production.

Rami Malek did the best he could with the materials he had IMO. To me it felt a bit like a cash grab. The "10/10" reviews at IMDB also read a bit hollow - there are plenty of those - I dont think they are all real - but pushback against a lot of critics who panned the film.

Others have said there is some artistic licence with this film - I agree. Saw it last nite.

Have to say that it left a pretty bad taste in my mouth. Im glad the story was made, but the writing was clumsy, the film jumped around from year to year - seemingly at random. A lot went into the explanation of how some certain songs were made, but even those scenes felt a bit empty.

It was great to see the Queen story made into a film, but the Live Aid stuff at the end felt the most inauthentic to me - everyone looking at Freddy, as if they were thinking "isnt he doing well!!!" when no one actually knew he was dying until years later.The "lets make up" scene between Freddie & his dad also made no sense and was cringeworthy.

The film was plagued with production, acting, directing problems and I can see why. It just felt a little bit strange to me, it wasnt quite hitting the mark. Sasha Baron Cohen was to originally play Freddie with a bit more depth, however the other queen members rejected this. Plus John Deacon wasnt involved in the film production.

Rami Malek did the best he could with the materials he had IMO. To me it felt a bit like a cash grab. The "10/10" reviews at IMDB also read a bit hollow - there are plenty of those - I dont think they are all real - but pushback against a lot of critics who panned the film.
Cohen was of no interest to the members of Queen because he wanted to delve deeply into the seedy sexual life of Freddie which the band felt disrespected his legacy.They wanted the movie to basically tell the story of the rise of Queen to worldwide acclaim and Freddie's part in the process.

Last edited:
I saw it this weekend and enjoyed it. A friend of mine who is older was going to see them in the 70s on there first Midwest tours. He told me he was there to see rainbow and queen in Cleveland but someone got sick in queens band so rainbow with Dio played for 3 1/2 hours and he was ok with that. Lol

way too much emphasis on Freddie's two front teeth. all through the movie, never noticed it
on the real Freddie.

loved the music, thought it could do more with Freddie's stage presence and movements
in fact could replace all the minutes focused on his front teeth (side and front shots)
must have bothered Malik with all the prosthetics.

afterwards thought about inspecting my upper two front pearlies.

if these guys make an Abba movie, they'll focus on someone's overbite.

for the Rolling Stones, the LIPs.

Maybe Hannibal's new implants as he out-chews the piggies...

Back
Top Bottom