Bonjour from Picardy, France.

mysterzav

Hey guys,
just a couple of words to introduce myself. I am old enough to have spent my childhood listening to vinyls on my parents' Akai system. Prince's Lovesexy was the very first album I bought for myself, with pride and a sense of making a statement.
Years later, when I was studying English at university, I purchsed a Teac 300 series, with amp, tuner, tape player and CD player. It was bang within my budget. Then the salesman asked if I had speakers to go with that, and I understood I'd have to couch up an extra 1000 francs (around $150.00) for a pair of Cluny Davis Acoustics.
Fast forward a few more years, and I am now good friend with the frontman of a British band. I noticed he has several vintage turntables in his house and studio, but none is the pricey, top of the range decks, that you see in magazines...
I decided to scour garage sales to find some good old equipment, hoping to find decent stuff.
So here I am, proud owner of a dusty amp (Marantz Model 1090), a pair of French-built 3A Adagio, a Sony XA2S CD-player, an Sony ampli-tuner STR 5800, and a Thorens TD 145 Mk2, and a couple of tape players that I don't use.

Looking forward to reading your comments and thoughts, answers and solutions to problems.

Thanks for your welcome

X

Welcome to AK.
I just got back from visiting your beautiful country. I was in Annecy and Paris.

Hi mysterzav and welcome to AK!! That is some awesome audio you have!:thumbsup: Enjoy your audio journey!

Back
Top Bottom