boostcrazy

tentoze

Twangophile
Agreed to purchase some speaks from this individual and sent payment on 4/23. 10 days later, PM'ed him about the status, response was that they would be sent in a couple of days. Another 10 days, another PM, then email, both unanswered to this date. He hasn't posted anywhere on the board since the day after my 1st inquiry on 5/6. Ain't like it's a ton of money, but the AK spirit has been compromised. If anyone knows him or is in contact with him, pass this along- I hope $148 is enough money to positively change your life for the better- in exchange for that measly amount, I'm saying you're a thief.

Ft Wayne, Indiana?

I'd like Toasted Almonds thoughts here, he would know what I'm thinking - but I don't want to jump to conclusions.

How did you pay, check? Tell me his name wasn't Scott.

Cheers,
Russ

Originally posted by RuSsMaN
Ft Wayne, Indiana?

I'd like Toasted Almonds thoughts here, he would know what I'm thinking - but I don't want to jump to conclusions.

How did you pay, check? Tell me his name wasn't Scott.

Cheers,
Russ

His name WAS Scott, and I sent a money order that's been cashed. And He IS a thief as far as I'm concerned.

Wonder if he's having some sort of personal or family crisis... he sent me a message about wanting the Pioneer CT-F900 cassette deck I had up over in the Partswap area. Haven't heard anything back from him, since the first inquiry, though... and that was about that same time (middle of April, IIRC)...

I definitely don't know for sure, one way or the other... he might well be pulling something funny here, but this might be something to think about, before we all go start stacking up piles of timber and lighting torches. Anyone know anyone in Fort Wayne, that could go do a little checking-up?

Regards,
Gordon.

Originally posted by GordonW
Wonder if he's having some sort of personal or family crisis... he sent me a message about wanting the Pioneer CT-F900 cassette deck I had up over in the Partswap area. Haven't heard anything back from him, since the first inquiry, though... and that was about that same time (middle of April, IIRC)...

I definitely don't know for sure, one way or the other... he might well be pulling something funny here, but this might be something to think about, before we all go start stacking up piles of timber and lighting torches. Anyone know anyone in Fort Wayne, that could go do a little checking-up?

Regards,
Gordon.

Not trying to burn witches here at all, but I stand by what I've said already. If someone gets sideways during a transaction, a simple email response could fix it. All I know today is I'm out money.

Hey, I understand competely. A month is a long time, especially when dealing with someone through the Internet. Unless he's been laid up in the hospital or something, somebody's got some 'splainin' to do...

Regards,
Gordon.

Was his email an AOL account? I remember him bitching about dumping AOL.

Let's hope this doesn't turn out the way it appears. This is exactly what the feedback forum is for though.

Mike

Originally posted by ProAc_Fan
Was his email an AOL account? I remember him bitching about dumping AOL.

Let's hope this doesn't turn out the way it appears. This is exactly what the feedback forum is for though.

Mike

Dunno- the email I sent was through AK. I hope I wasn't premature, but the feel through it all says no.

eric

What happened? I thought I PERSONALLY got him banned from this site. This breaks my freakin' heart to see this.

We need to get a big red flag waving regarding this parasite. Good eyeball work Russman. I'm convinced it's the Scott we all love to hate.

I keep getting mixed signals, living on a planet where we club baby seals, but not a douche bag like Scott. I may have to move.

GordonW, it's not a witch hunt. Unfortunately, this scummer is for real. It's not personal problems or anything like that. He's a damn lowlife thief and that's about it.

TA

Last edited:
Like I said, the money is small chit- it's the stain on this community of fine folks that pisses me off. Hope the moderators maybe can be on the watch for his IP when he turns back up under a new moniker, if he ain't here already.

Maybe it's time for a new sticky called THE WALL OF SHAME as a perennial reminder to the honest people here.

:uzi:

Time for me to step in.

Please if you have any information.....address, phone, etc regarding this character please email it to me at audiokarma@aol.com . I have a couple of connections in federal law enforcement that I'm going to ask to help out with this one. Rest assured that if I have anything to do with it, he's not going to get away with ripping off our members. I also need dollar amounts of the transactions and what they were for.

You've got mail.

Originally posted by Kamakiri
Time for me to step in.

Please if you have any information.....address, phone, etc regarding this character please email it to me at audiokarma@aol.com . I have a couple of connections in federal law enforcement that I'm going to ask to help out with this one. Rest assured that if I have anything to do with it, he's not going to get away with ripping off our members. I also need dollar amounts of the transactions and what they were for.

Damn, I guess I'm lucky, that he bailed out BEFORE I sent him anything!

Thanks for the heads-up...

Regards,
Gordon.

An update on this story is in order:

Got an email on 6/1 with some weak-ass excuses about why he hadn't sent the speakers, wanting to know what I wanted. My response was $148 or a pair of Polk 7's.

Another email on 6/8 provided FedEx tracking numbers for 2 packages.

The speakers arrived today. Based on that fact, I retract my statement that the seller is a thief. He sent the speakers. One corner of each suffered damage due to the fact they were placed in boxes with no packing on the bottom. When removong one from its box, it was ov=bvious something rather substantial was loose and shifting around inside. Removed the PR and found the magnet for the 6.5" driver in the bottom of the cabinet. Hard to say for sure, but I can't see even FedEx being able drop a box hard enough to get a damned powerful magnet to come loose from the back of the driver.

At any rate, as I said, the guy didn't steal from me. But he is a shitty seller.

Back
Top Bottom