boostcrazy

So are they fixable,Toze?I am with you,Even a courier would have trouble dislodging that.Hope you can repair them

Alan

That's actually not un-common, and happens all the time shipping 'older' Polk speakers with the 650x drivers.

The glue they used to hold the mag in place weakens over time. Not enough for a mag to just 'fall' off. But a good shipping 'wack' can certainly do it. Sometimes the mag doesn't actually come off, but 'shifts' enough to wedge the VC against the pole peice.

It's a known issue, and has been discussed on the Polk site.

Polk does sell replacement drivers. I have some people that will probably have a spare or two. Is it the MW6503? I forget what the 7 has in it. Let me know, I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,
Russ

Thanks Russ. The label on it sez MW6500, but the Polk site lists MW6502 for 7b's. I posted over there with the question as well.
:dunno:

That Ahole knows better then to pack a speaker like that. He did that on purpose.

That's what I think,There was a little"I'll stick it to Tentoze" in that packing.Some people can be miserable at times

Alan

Russ is right about the magnet glue failure on those models. I've seen a bunch of them do that. I've actually managed to seperate the cone from the surround, cut out the spider, remove the voice coil assembly, shim and re-glue the magnet, and reassemble the cone assembly with a new spider and put the whole mess back together. Probably more trouble than its worth, though, unless you just wanna make it a spare-time project...

As for models- usually, in those single-woofer models like a Monitor 5 or Monitor 7 variant, the woofers were 4 ohm. I believe the MW6500 and MW6502 were both 4 ohms, while the MW6501 and MW6503 (used in the dual-woofer models, ie, Monitor 10, SDA models, etc) were 8 ohms... IIRC. Any Polk woofer of that era and appearance, as long as it's 4 ohms, should work properly in there, AFAIK from working on them frequently in the past.

Regards,
Gordon.

While I concur that the magnets shifting and/or coming off can be a problem when shipping the older Polk's, that POS Scott Trigg is known to have done the exact same thing before, intentional poor packing as a way of sticking it to you.

Can you feel the heat, Scotty???:finger:

I've got a great deal of information and am ready to proceed, but in which direction? Tentoze was the only one who came forward with info......and I can't go after him for chitty packaging....

2 yrs ago mid-April, I sent a money order to Scott for a Carver amp he was advertising over at the Polk BB. A few weeks went by and nothing. He did answer some of my e-mails but not all. He told me of a wife and a divorce so I gave him the benifit of the doubt and let the time delay slide. Later found out he has used this story in the past. Finally on July 13th he sent me a personal check as a refund but that was after many e-mails and calls to his state attorney and the local police. Sure he only had $350 of my money for 4 months and never delivered the goods, but it was the principle. I really don't believe I would have ever seen a dime had I not threatened to go to the police. He has ripped off others and is a detriment to any site he visits. Beware.

Originally posted by flason
2 yrs ago mid-April, I sent a money order to Scott for a Carver amp he was advertising over at the Polk BB. A few weeks went by and nothing. He did answer some of my e-mails but not all. He told me of a wife and a divorce so I gave him the benifit of the doubt and let the time delay slide. Later found out he has used this story in the past. Finally on July 13th he sent me a personal check as a refund but that was after many e-mails and calls to his state attorney and the local police. Sure he only had $350 of my money for 4 months and never delivered the goods, but it was the principle. I really don't believe I would have ever seen a dime had I not threatened to go to the police. He has ripped off others and is a detriment to any site he visits. Beware.

Must have been a hell of a divorce, or he was doing a new one a month ago- he used the same BS story on me.

Kam- I hope somebody who has been genuinely stolen from has the yarbles to offer up some details. The guy turned out not to have the guts to even be a good thief with me, just a hemmorhoid. But my radar will be out for him till the last breath leaks out of me.

Back
Top Bottom