Boosting the economy

cruisaire

PGA and Rainwater!
Went out at lunch and legally picked up 3 CDs, now enjoying all with a smile on my face while work worries slowly fade away.....

The Allman Brothers - Hittin' the Note
The Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense
Warren Zevon - Genius: The Best of Warren Zevon

Originally posted by cruisaire
Went out at lunch and legally picked up 3 CDs, now enjoying all with a smile on my face while work worries slowly fade away.....

The Allman Brothers - Hittin' the Note
The Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense
Warren Zevon - Genius: The Best of Warren Zevon

Cruisaire - I've got both the ABB and the Genius. ABB is their best in a long time. Has an old ABB sound to these ears. And I just picked up Genius this week. I haven't made up my mind on this one.

Interestingly, I read a review last year in the Wall St. Journal on "Hittin the Note", and the reviewer suggested the album is better if played in reverse order. I tried it, and it is pretty good in that sequence.

How's the Talking Heads album? Did you happen to catch David Byrne on Austin City Limits last month? Pretty good show.

JD

Mr. Byrne and the gang are superb (as usual) and this CD will be in the regular rotation from now on. Didn't get to see that ACL edition. Poor timing on my part!!!

Genius is excellent, a bit dark here and there but good just the same.

ABB.....well let's just say this sounds very close to where they once were for me.

Back
Top Bottom