Bose 551 Spatial Control Receiver...what's it worth?

Kingfisher

One is coming up at a local auction...I'm pretty sure it is unrestored. Anybody know what the Bose 551 is worth?

I passed on one once for $250. I think it depends on what you are doing with it. Supposedly sounds quite good with the 901s. Starting to get rare. What did sold auctions on eBay tell you?

I passed on one once for $250. I think it depends on what you are doing with it. Supposedly sounds quite good with the 901s. Starting to get rare. What did sold auctions on eBay tell you?
Not much, but I guess that's better than nothing. The two that sold were between $250 and $350. There is one still listed for $700-something...The 901's are getting rare too BTW.

The spatial control on this receiver was designed for the 901 Series 3. There are three conductors that go back to the speaker rather than just two, and this lets you adjust the balance between the outer rear speakers and the inner rear speakers., Widening or narrowing the stereo image as you prefer and as the program material requires.

Plus, they're pretty!

Back
Top Bottom