Boston (180 Gram Audiophile Translucent Gold Vinyl/Limited Anniversary Edition

McBru6177

One Way or Another
Even though I was a teenager in the late 70s I never owned Boston's debut on vinyl. I think it was because I already had the 8-track and I was too practical with my money (still am) to buy the album in another format.

So a few months ago I saw this Friday Music re-issue on Amazon and did a pre-order. I was actually going to cancel the order since I had second thoughts due to my mixed experiences with Friday Music records. Plus it was $40 -- that's Canadian dollars or about $30US. Not cheap! I also noticed that Friday Music has already previously released three re-issues (red, blue etc. coloured vinyl) in the past few years. And what's the "Anniversary" -- 43 years? My re-issue was released February 1 2019 in Canada and I think a month earlier in the US.

Played the album several times today. All I can say is Wow! This is one of the finest re-issues I own--no surface noise, clear, very musical...etc. Felt like I was in the studio, almost. I wish every record was this high quality (w/o the high price). My congratulations to Friday Music for nailing this classic. Sounds nothing like the versions played over and over on FM, and the dreadful 8-track version that died in the seventies.

Just wondering if I just got lucky with a Friday Music re-issue? Or, is this a sign that Friday Music and other labels have finally learned how to "consistently" make vinyl sound great again...or even better?

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

Back
Top Bottom