Boston A70 vs Klipsch KG 2.2 vs Polk Monitor 7

Which speakers

• Total voters

DoctorBotany

I have a set of Polk Monitor 7C (SL1000 tweeter) speakers as my main speakers currently and I like them, but recently found pairs of Boston A70 and Klipsch KG 2.2 online. I've done research on both and think either one might be a small upgrade from the Monitors. Are there any more experienced people with opinions on this? I'll be powering them with a Yamaha rx-v671 receiver and use them for a balance of music and home theater, 5.1 setup.

To be completely honest, you really need to listen to the options. I got some Kg4's because of all the talk on AK. Turns out, I am not a fan once I had them in a system at home. I moved them out and replaced them with DCM TF400's and really liked those. What do you not like about the Polks?

The Polk Monitor 7's are the best of the three, make sure to recap them. How about some pictures of the Polk's?

BTW: These little polls are quite silly.

The Polk Monitor 7's are the best of the three, make sure to recap them. How about some pictures of the Polk's?

BTW: These little polls are quite silly.

The poll is for fun... here's a picture I have of one of my polks, caps look good.

Attachments

• mon7C.png
    mon7C.png
    383 KB · Views: 27
I agree with DB94. I recapped my Monitor 10B's and there was a fairly noticeable improvement in sound quality. The caps looked fine when I opened it up.

What the crossover caps look like has absolutely no bearing on their performance of lack thereof. If they are original they need to be replaced.

That's interesting, here are pictures of the crossover and posts. Would replacing the caps be something a relative newb would be able to do? I'll also look into it, thanks.

That's interesting, here are pictures of the crossover and posts. Would replacing the caps be something a relative newb would be able to do? I'll also look into it, thanks.

Pictures didnt work last post...

Attachments

• mon7ccross.JPG
    mon7ccross.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 25
  • mon7cpost.JPG
    mon7cpost.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom