Boston Acoustic A70/2.29 pair

Re: Question

Originally posted by gyusher
JonTee. . .Is that a Yamahaha down on the bottom left corner of your PIc???

Ah yes, that would be the CA-2010. Using it for music, in the family room system, as I prefer it's class-a mode sound to the HT. Pushes the A-100's nicely as they aren't very efficient.

Jon :)

Ah Ha

I see a big Marantz. . . .I just sold my Marantz AV9000 PreAmp and my Rotel 985THX ultra mkII 5x110 amp. . .Never use it anymore. . .I picked a mid-line Pioneer receiver a ELITE VSX45TX to use now. . . .kept all my speakers. . .I think I like it better now. . .I miss my Marantz remote that you see in Sci-Fi movies as a weapon. . .LOL. . .

Re: Thor/response

Originally posted by gyusher
Thor this is the closest(sp) thing I have to black. . . .In that size
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14991&item=3047885646
I have a big near mint pair of 12 in 3 ways from Pioneer. . . .A low line speaker. . .Big bass, big muddy bass. . .I play them upside down to tame the bass and they are not bad. . . . .Big floor standing model.
I have a couple of serious 8in 2ways. . .Jbl L 19 and JBL L 46 both mint and not Thrift shop specials. . .Wonderful speakers. . .

Those not black those are wood colored ;)

A-70s Great Speakers!!!

Last night I finished refoaming the woofers on my Thrift Store specials and I have them hooked to my new 1050 and I am here to tell you they are terrific. . .Great bass from its 8in woofere, very clean highs and a all around very nice sounding speakers. . .I have always been partial to a sealed box design and these guys are showing me why they retailed for 300 bucks in 84 when these were made. . .At least thats the date stamped on the woofers magnet. . .Funny looking square magnet. . .The boxes are in mint condition. . .Now the speakers are mint. . . .WOW!! what a deal. . .About twenty bucks including the kit. . . . .

These speakers must be coming out of the woodwork - I bought a pair for 7.95 at the local thrift store last week also. You guessed it - needs new foam!

At www.MATElectronics.com they sell some inexpensive foam surrounds. I don't have one of their catalogs in front of me but they are in the the $1 to $3 a piece range.

Hey Thor,
I have a set of Infinity RS2000.1, its a little two way with 6 inch woofer. They look like crap if you look closely, the black vinyl is scuffed up. One of the grilles has to be glued on because the snap retainer is broken. They look OK from a distance. They sound as good as new. Rubber, not foam surrounds. 40.00 plus shipping.

I am already using a small pair of infinity's for my rear center Don, Thanks for looking tho.

I am looking to replace my front and rear centers with speakers with an 8" to 10" woofer. I will be refoaming some EPI's soon and mebbe I will put new black speaker grill cloth on them and paint em' black ;)

Front Speakers

Thor,
I have a very near mint pair of Pioneer CSR570 12in 3 ways, towers not bad for movies. Not too heavy and not a big footprint. . . .Only 1599.99. . . . .

But for you 35 bucks. . .Plus shipping. . .about 900 bucks. . .

No only 100.00 delivered. . .Most would call them mint. . . .Shipping is whats killing us here. . .I will post a pic later. . .Going to shoot them tonight anyway for eBay. . . .Big bass. . . .Not bad for what they are. . .I think new they were 299.00 or so but all black grills, speakers, cabinets. . .Black all over it. . . .

Back
Top Bottom