Boston Acoustics A70’s Series II

Coopergang

Boston Acoustic Fanatic
Hello, I am very new to the audiophile hobby and i have a few questions about a setup that im creating. As of now I have 2 Boston Acoustics A400’s for my mains and im thinking of adding an A70 series II for my center. Is this a good choice or am i misguided in terms of timbre and voice matching for center channels.

Also why is the series II tweeter offset?

Attachments

• 4A4934B3-C62F-491A-BE94-CC9C3F0E2AE8.jpeg
    4A4934B3-C62F-491A-BE94-CC9C3F0E2AE8.jpeg
    18.3 KB · Views: 31
Off set tweeter is sometimes so the spot where the frequencies reflecting off the front baffle will not be emphasized from both sides equally. Man this is way harder to explain with text than with pictures or in person.

Off set tweeter is sometimes so the spot where the frequencies reflecting off the front baffle will not be emphasized from both sides equally. Man this is way harder to explain with text than with pictures or in person.
That's exactly what I was thinking as well but I didn't want to commit to it and not be correct. :D

Okay well with the tweeter being offset and me only using a single A70 for my center will it completly throw off my sound stage? Will i hear one side more than the other because of the way it is offset?

Finally the question to end all of my questions (for now). Would putting this speakers tweeter positioned above my head be a disadvantage or should I just invert the speaker so the tweeter is directly level with my ear. ——— sorry for the amount of questions and thankyou very much for responding

Back
Top Bottom