Boston Acoustics T830 refoam help needed

civilsounds

Hey AK, I just picked up a sweet pair of BA T830 for very little, the nice old lady said they were her late husbands and hadn't been used in a while. She cleaned them constantly so there wasn't any dust damage but I could tell the woofer surrounds were crumbly. I got them home and sure enough, with just a sideways glance the surrounds fell apart. Thus began my first repair endeavor. I have never done a refoam or any speaker repair so far and I'm really excited about this but I was wanting some expert opinions from y'all. Is there a trusted resource for parts, kits, etc...(I hope I'm allowed to ask that I'm still pretty new here)? Anything I need to know before going into this that youtube would most likely leave out? Any info or guidance would be greatly appreciated thanks y'all!
I'll post pics when I get back to my shop tomorrow

Hey AK, I just picked up a sweet pair of BA T830 for very little, the nice old lady said they were her late husbands and hadn't been used in a while. She cleaned them constantly so there wasn't any dust damage but I could tell the woofer surrounds were crumbly. I got them home and sure enough, with just a sideways glance the surrounds fell apart. Thus began my first repair endeavor. I have never done a refoam or any speaker repair so far and I'm really excited about this but I was wanting some expert opinions from y'all. Is there a trusted resource for parts, kits, etc...(I hope I'm allowed to ask that I'm still pretty new here)? Anything I need to know before going into this that youtube would most likely leave out? Any info or guidance would be greatly appreciated thanks y'all!
I'll post pics when I get back to my shop tomorrow
Look on eBay for seller looneytune2001 (Rick Cobb) he has the correct foam kits and foolproof instructions. Well deserved great reputation. :)

Another vote for Rick Cobb. You can email him too if you don't want to go through eBay. Great speakers, had a pair of these for a while, enjoy them, hope you recap em'.

Another vote for Rick Cobb as a source for materials. If you want to check out an on-line tutorial, Simply Speakers has videos on YouTube.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom