Boston Acoustics VR-40 impression

RS Steve

Tube Junkie
Subscriber
I have a very nice lady that is a picker and drives around the state doing her thing. Sometimes she sends me pictures and asks if I'd be interested in certain audio pieces. These Boston Acoustic VR-40's were picked up for a very small amount, I certainly didn't expect too much though. Well, I can honestly say I have yet to be disappointed in any of the B.A. speakers I have owned, and these are no exception. I have them next to my 4430's just by accident really, but believe me when I say they hold their own against one of my favorite speakers.
I haven't found much information on the VR-40's, but I thought I'd pass on my experience with them, which so far is very surprising. Just a bit bright with the highs, but mids and bass being very good.

I would say to anyone finding a pair by chance, to give them a test run, I'm very impressed so far. I have them hooked to my very nice Pioneer SX-950, which probably has something to do with them sounding this good.

20151206_200428.jpg 20151206_200458.jpg 20151206_200440.jpg

What wattage is the amp? I'm planning on grabbing a pair tomorrow to pair with my mint Lafayette 30-30? Pretty excited for $200. I haven't read anything negative about these speakers

What wattage is the amp? I'm planning on grabbing a pair tomorrow to pair with my mint Lafayette 30-30? Pretty excited for $200. I haven't read anything negative about these speakers
This was some time ago, but I believe it was my SX-1050 that I used. 120 wpc I believe. I still have the speakers, but they are stored behind a bunch of stuff and haven't been used in ages.

This was some time ago, but I believe it was my SX-1050 that I used. 120 wpc I believe. I still have the speakers, but they are stored behind a bunch of stuff and haven't been used in ages.
Would you want to sell? I just got my first job after graduation, and can't afford much, but I would like to have these as my main speakers in my living room.

Back
Top Bottom