Boston area folks - Flea at MIT

Who is going?

I am thinking of getting a table (Or sharing one with someone?) to help get rid of a bunch of speakers and some other stuff as well.

Would love to hang with you guys, if you are going! If anyone wants to share a space, let me know!

Small stuff has alway sold the best for me. Didn't go all last year or this so don't take that as gospel for this weekend. I've usually schlepped home the large crap though.

Who is going?

I am thinking of getting a table (Or sharing one with someone?) to help get rid of a bunch of speakers and some other stuff as well.

Would love to hang with you guys, if you are going! If anyone wants to share a space, let me know!

As usual, it's a maybe for me.

I'd go in with ya Birddog but everything I have to get rid of needs work, refoams, receivers with one channel out, etc.

Same here, most of my stuff is needing attention as well. I was going to try to rid myself of the pile of project speakers that did not get any takers in the AK "Trades" classifieds, as well as a couple of odds and ends. A pair of nice color organs, a couple of tuners, and whatever else I can find around here...

May I make a suggestion?

dumpster.jpg

:D

Hi guys,

Well, if all goes according to plan, this Saturday, I'll be attending my first MIT meet! I plan on getting up at the UN-Godly hour of about 4:00 a.m. and hitting the road by 5:00 a.m. for the drive from Maine to Manchester, NH.
I plan to be there when the doors open. Of course, I have to Pony up the extra money to get in early but, I suppose it'll be worth the extra ten dollars. I truly don't NEED to buy more stuff but, ya'll know how that goes. Although, I wouldn't mind finding another good ol' tube MONO (Integrated) amp or perhaps some 12" Coaxials. Oooh, last time I talked with Capt. Scary, Barry was planning to attend as well. Ummmm....I wonder if I should bring....something to swap/sell ? I've got a BEAUTIFUL Receiver I'm not using...CARVER "THE RECEIVER". Ummmm.... Anyway...I hope to see some of you guys at the meet.

Regards,
SixCats! aka Tom

And isn't it in Cambridge? Or are you talking about some other MIT named event in NH on Saturday?

Boy does that bring back memories of heading out early and on time for a change to an NEARC event only to realize after I got there that it was the weekend before.

:no:

I was much younger then.

Hi guys,

Well, if all goes according to plan, this Saturday, I'll be attending my first MIT meet! I plan on getting up at the UN-Godly hour of about 4:00 a.m. and hitting the road by 5:00 a.m. for the drive from Maine to Manchester, NH.
I plan to be there when the doors open. Of course, I have to Pony up the extra money to get in early but, I suppose it'll be worth the extra ten dollars. I truly don't NEED to buy more stuff but, ya'll know how that goes. Although, I wouldn't mind finding another good ol' tube MONO (Integrated) amp or perhaps some 12" Coaxials. Oooh, last time I talked with Capt. Scary, Barry was planning to attend as well. Ummmm....I wonder if I should bring....something to swap/sell ? I've got a BEAUTIFUL Receiver I'm not using...CARVER "THE RECEIVER". Ummmm.... Anyway...I hope to see some of you guys at the meet.

Regards,
SixCats! aka Tom

S i i i i i i x x x x c a a a a a t s s s s :D

you will be in NH on saturday at the NEARC, Sunday is the MIT Swapmeet in Cambridge :D

feel free to bring a few goodies - if you can't sell them Sat, I'll bring them to MIT on Sunday to sell . . .

see YOU on Saturday

see the rest of ya on Sunday ! :banana:

Markus! Want to meet up somewhere first?

hey duuuuude !

perhaps after . . . as it is I'll be waking up at 4:30 so I can get my sidekick (a.k.a. Sabrina) ready so we can get at the head of the pack. Gotta be one of the first ones in!

anyone know any decent diner-type places around Manchester NH ?

Hi all,

OK, so I'm confussed lol. I thought the Saturday NH meet was the MIT thing. No matter, as long as there is some gear for sale/swap!

Regards,
SixCats!

I'm waiting for a phone call, I may not have use of the truck for tomorrow, the wife may need it to take her parents out, looks like there vehicle is going to be out of service. I should know in about an hour... I'll post back and let you guys know.

bummer

sorry I missed this one guys :tears:

woke up late, and by the time I and mini-me were ready to go, it was already 9:00.

(silly question, but) did I miss anything good ?

:D- yeah you did. I bought a Luxman L-220 integrated and a pristine Pioneer pair (integrated Amp SA-5800 and matching Tuner TX-6800). There was quite a bit of stuff there (saw quite a few KLH speakers too).

:lmao: - soundmotor was in cheapskate mode - :lmao:

Dave

pisser . . oh well - I can wait patiently till Spring, since I have a mountain of tube amps to recap :D

and don't feel bad Soundmotor - I'm ALWAYS in cheapskate mode :thmbsp:

pisser . . oh well - I can wait patiently till Spring, since I have a mountain of tube amps to recap :D

and don't feel bad Soundmotor - I'm ALWAYS in cheapskate mode :thmbsp:

I don't feel bad, i just don't know what he is referring to.

Back
Top Bottom