Bot's system

Discussion in 'Members' Systems' started by botrytis, Feb 17, 2011.

1. botrytis

botrytis Trying not to be a Small Speaker Hoarder Subscriber

Well, I have KEF Q15's and Q300's - both were nice but missing something before. Now the Q300's are just WOW. there is more midrange and the sound is more balanced.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    cratz2 likes this.
  2. cratz2

cratz2 Addicted Member

I didn't have a pressing need for them so I didn't keep them but a pair of Linn Tukans were among the best speakers I've ever owned from about 200 Hz up.

I ended up getting a pair of CDM1s for that small system and a pair of Linn Keilidhs for the bigger system. Both the B&Ws and the bigger Linns did many things well but there was something magical about those Tukans... maybe the room, maybe the exact setup. Hell, maybe my mood for the two weeks I had them but I wasn't much of a sub guy at the time and I wasn't willing to live without the bottom end.

Ever since then (many years ago) I always though if I ever had to live in an apartment where bass was an issue, I'd grab a pair of Tukans,

3. botrytis

In my Room with the Pre/Amp setup, these speakers (Linn Tukans) are so dynamic. I was amazed. Class A really made those speakers shine. Also they weigh a lot for little speakers - 25 lbs for the pair.

4. botrytis

I tried my Single driver speakers, Zigmahornets and Tang Band D4-1's. The former actually sounded OK but a little shrill. The Tang Bands sounded like the Sonus Fabers. I was totally surprised. It could be the tubes. I will need to get some more tubes to try. Slippery slope time.

I still have a few more speakers to try.

5. botrytis

I need to break out the Wheaties to try the Monitor Audio MA3 series 2's :D I will do that this weekend.

Right now just enjoying the sound.

6. botrytis

Currently using JRiver 22 but have the license for the upgrade to 23 and will get that when it comes out. I am using EOS currently on my Android pad to control. I actually like this app. It is nice and slick.

7. botrytis

Still just chillin' with music. I never thought I could get this close to my perfect system.

Ds2000 likes this.
  8. botrytis

I noticed the power cord is a little stiff and a little thin. I was thinking of replacing it. Anyone do that on a Pioneer M-22?