Bought a Sony TA-E9000ES. Where's the firmware?!?!

Spormo

Professional Novice
I keep reading about 2.XX firmware being amazing but I can't find a download anywhere for it. Just dead links. Anyone help me out? Thanks!

I also think you need a crossing serial cable........I think I threw my disc away that had the software upgrade.....

I also think you need a crossing serial cable........I think I threw my disc away that had the software upgrade.....
I believe its just an RS-232 cable. I have one on order USB to RS-232, just no firmware :dunno:

Yes, it was an RS-232, but you had to do a crossing adapter. I will look for the info later this morning. Hopefully, I still have it.

Hi,

If a member has the old v2.01 BIN (E9KV201.BIN) file and can send to me I would would appreciate it. I have the v2.50 but need the v2.01.

Thanks,
Ki
in Seattle

Wow. My google-fu is good but this is a toothpick in a haystack (a needle is easy to find with a magnet). The product has been discontinued since 2000 and was thin on the ground even then. You may have better luck searching websites in Japan.

so far the two sites that had it available for download have long been taken down. Someone must have a copy of it somewhere though.

If the internet makes up put up with the Kardashians it has to balance out with the finding of obscure information!

Well for Pete's sake! If you find it, post it!

I just realized that turntables have at least two or three pages where one can find obsolete information but CD players have yet to spawn a site that archives the software and information to keep them alive.

I wrote on my manual that I had installed version 1.18C on 10/7/2000. No disc can be found (its a floppy). That doesn't mean that its thrown away, but it doesn't look good for you.

I think there is a revision "D", but you need an additional remote control.......

I had upgraded a TA-E9000ES to V2.50 successfully before. One died recently and got another one with v1.18C version but need to upgrade to the v2.01 version with BIN file E9KV201.BIN before I can finish the upgraded to v2.50. As WaynerN said, hoping someone would have downloaded these firmware versions and have saved them in their hard drive.

I think there was a Dolby Pro Logic II upgrade (which is what the additional remote control was for) and some other improvements in surround field logarithms......other then that, I have no clue.

I've found 2.01!!!! Someone had posted it in a DIY Audio thread. I also found this website (which is dead) that used to host all the upgrade files but the downloads no longer work. I'd love to find the 2.5 firmware. I've attached the 2.01 zip to this post. Hope it helps someone else out too. DISCLAIMER >I haven't installed it to my preamp yet so install with caution, maybe, I don't know!!< I found the zip from here ( http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...-sony-ta-e9000es-v2-01-firmware-bin-file.html )

Attachments

• E9000ES201.zip
    704.6 KB · Views: 33
If you notice the "read me" file mentions the RS-232c cable (the "c" is for crossing). So you can"t use just a regular RS-232 cable.

Personally, I would never use a USB/serial adapter to do firmware update. I've read too many horror stories of failure leading to bricked devices.

I suggest finding a computer with real serial port.

If you notice the "read me" file mentions the RS-232c cable (the "c" is for crossing). So you can"t use just a regular RS-232 cable.

No, C is a revision made to the standard in 1969. The ‘crossing’ cable was actually called a null modem cable, used to connect two DTE devices together.

OK, I'm not a computer geek, however, when I did my upgrade, I had to use a crossing adaptor with my RS-232 cable. BTW, I have never heard of anyone referring to the cable as a RS-232c until today.

Back
Top Bottom