Bought an Onkyo M-510, but...

Ds2000

The fi must be higher.
Subscriber
It needs an entire Left driver board. Kinda strange but the amp was never used, Onk took the part out of it to sell to a customer back in the early 90's. I think I can find the part, am I crazy?

Yeah, the guy (who sold it to me) is a really knowledgeable ex Onk power amp engineering tech who is actually a student(!) again, hence no money to fix. I have a few contacts in Japan, and just missed a junk 510 unit which would have yielded at least the board. In any case, the board can be reproduced off of spec, and he (the seller) has all the components for it.
He even drove it (the amp) to me!

I remember that 510. the guy was trying to sell it high if iI remember. Best of luck to you. Please keep us posted how it goes finding the board.

I think that I remember seeing that particular amp before too. They are an awesome looking piece no doubt.
Good luck finding the part.

Worst case is you can have the board made and solder all the components on yourself. Is it identical to the right side board?

I think it is, and I have access to the engineers specs for the board size in the event I need to get the board made. The seller actually does have all of the components for the board if I need to do get one made or happen to find an OEM part with crispy components.
I got him down to 1350.00 for it, and considering its brand new cosmetics (the side panels were not even mounted, they came in the original Onkyo wrap) I feel really lucky. I'll keep all posted on the project.
Now on to separating an online friend from his Citation XX with a dead channel.

Crypto thread revival and closure. I never got the board, and sold it for a small profit about a year later. It wasn't parted out.

just googled the amp. Damn! 63kg!!
i really hope you get this running! what a monster

remember drooling over that amp reading onkyo´s catalog in the early 90´s! but beeing like 14 then this thing was way out of my league

^^ yes I've had 2, and now want another. The same guy I bought the 5001's from has one. I'll move a few things around and get it in a few weeks.
The one in the thread is long sold as-is. I hope the new owner was able to get it going.

^^ yes I've had 2, and now want another. The same guy I bought the 5001's from has one. I'll move a few things around and get it in a few weeks.
The one in the thread is long sold as-is. I hope the new owner was able to get it going.

Oh! I see now it was an Old thread. Yeah i Hope so to

I remember reading a review of it in the abso!ute sound. They loved it.
It's a fine amp, runs relatively cool and has its own ac smoothing plant built in! If I can cut a deal, it'll be my more often used amp, the Stax can rest most of the time, and not jet heat into the room unless it's a cool night.

Back
Top Bottom