Bought an Onkyo M-510, but...

It's a real troublemaker too, the absence almost any noise or hash is something unto itself. This brings the hand close to the volume knob, up and up you want to push it. And it doesn't care, bring it on it goads. From out of utter darkness, the music appears, the dynamics attack. Aside from the Stax, I've not heard such inky silence between the notes, especially with piano. Complexity is rendered with an ease I wish more amplifiers had. It's a singular product, even to this day.
Of course I have to say that the speakers were voiced with this amp, but I've had one before on a pair of Sony APM-6's. It was just as good through them.

Last edited:
It's a real troublemaker too, the absence almost any noise or hash is something unto itself. This brings the hand close to the volume knob, up and up you want to push it. And it doesn't care, bring it on it on goads. From out of utter darkness, the music appears, the dynamics attack. Aside from the Stax, I've not heard such inky silence between the notes, especially with piano. Complexity is rendered with an ease I wish more amplifiers had. It's a singular product, even to this day.
Of course I have to say that the speakers were voiced with this amp, but I've had one before on a pair of Sony APM-6's. It was just as good through them.
That sort of trouble I would welcome into my life(wink).

Straightwire Music Ribbon. There's several 18ga high purity copper solid core wires per termination.
It's been a good cable for me over the years, I may get some XLO Reference cables soon though. These won't get a toss tho, I'll save them for the eventual second system in a new place.

Last edited:
Straightwire Music Ribbon. There's several 18ga high purity copper solid core wires per termination.
It's been a good cable for me over the years, I may get some XLO Reference cables soon though. These won't get a toss tho, I'll save them for the eventual second system in a new place.
Thanks and have a great Thanksgiving holiday!

Nice! I will just grab a bunch of IDE or SCSI cables and make my own set..I got this:D

Ha well it's a little higher gauge than those, but same idea. They're good cables, I'd recommend. I got them at a thrift in a large grab bag of cables.

You're a lucky bastard Ds2000!! And that Denon suits the 510 very well....

I used to own a M-508, and now has a M-588. And I have been drooling over the M-510, since it came onto the market, in the late 80's...

M.v.h.

Back
Top Bottom