Bought The Toyota Sienna

JDaniel

First off, thanks to you all for your comments & suggestions. They were much appreciated and helpful.

After driving the Quest, and reading about reliability issues, we dropped it from our list. We went back and drove an Odyssey and Sienna again. It finally came down to a couple of factors:

(1) My wife & I both felt the Sienna was more comfortable/roomy feeling
(2) was considerably more quiet than the Honda (i.e. road noise)
(3) I could get the Sienna with the towing package (Reese Hitch, Heavy Duty Radiator, and coolers on the tranny, power steering etc.). We tow a boat, so that was important.

The wife's VERY happy, so that makes me happy. Kids love it to.

Here's a couple of pics.

JD

Wow nice looking rig,Jeff.Hope you have the best of luck with it.Your lawn looks great!!

Alan

Looks like it fits right in there at Casa de JD.............what's all that green stuff in the background?

That is a nice looking vehicle, really like the color.

Nothing IMO beats a van for hauling the whole famn damily :thmbsp:

Hope it gives you years of trouble free motoring :yes:

Good move JD, nice looking too. Take a look at the subframe, it will amaze you how strong it is.

Carl

Great choice JD. You can never go wrong with Toyota's quality and reliabilty history. Pretty slick looking for a minivan too.

Mike

opt80 said:
Wow nice looking rig,Jeff.Hope you have the best of luck with it.Your lawn looks great!!

Alan

Thanks Alan. Just wish the lawn looked as good as the van.

tentoze said:
Looks like it fits right in there at Casa de JD.............what's all that green stuff in the background?

Alan

Eric - that green stuff is called grass. The only way you'll see it is to go to one of those nice courses there in Vegas, pay your $200 green fees, and for that $200 you get the priviledge of walking on their grass for 4 hours and getting seriously frustrated all at the same time. And if you are thirsty, you can get a beer for only $5 (American beer that is).

JD

Robert, Carl, Mike, Army, Ernie, Eric, Alan,

Thanks for the comments. Yes, it is a good looking ride for a minivan, and we are pleased with it. Gotta go by tomorrow and pick up the floor mats and 4 sets of wireless headphones. The parts dept. was closed on Sat. when we bought it.

If you guys would ever make it to Birmingham for a music festival or beer-tasting or something, I could haul us all around. :yes: :thmbsp: :D :beer:

JD

Nice ride, JD !! We were "family truckster" people- Mercury Colony Parks-when I was a kid, but seriously, minivans are more practical. Yours looks to be quite snazzy, too.-Sandy G.

Back
Top Bottom