Bowers and Wilkins - which ones

Personally I would buy a good 2 channel amp in the ~200wpc range to drive them, or if you find a really good deal go with 2 so you can bi-amp them. Then in the future I would buy something else to drive the other channels separate if you wanted. No reason for now you cant drive the B&Ws using separate amps and drive the surround channels from the Marantz.

I was looking at the Outlaw mono block amps. They're 200 watts and if you buy a B-stock item, only 3 bills each.

I'm on the road until Friday and don't usually carry and credit cards on me while driving.

Just tried to purchase two of their mono blocks. Just remembered that my cc info is in Google Chrome, but Outlaw has the auto fill feature for cc's turned off.:wtf:

Last edited:
Well if you do manage to get the outlaws let us know how they sound. From the reviews and general buzz they seem to be giant killers.

Thanks everyone for the info and advice. My head is spinning looking at various amps that are for sale.

Now it's like, do I want a 2, 4, 5 or 7 channel. Then there's 100 watt or 125 or 150 or how about 200 watts.

I decided to wait until I can get up to Nashville and talk with TJ at HIFI BUYS Nashville. No, they're not affiliated with the HiFi Buys chain stores.

TJ always gives good advice and super good deals. I'd like to see what he can do for me on a nice 7x200 Lexicon. Or maybe go balls to the wall, take out a million dollar loan and buy a Mcintosh amp.

Glenn

Get two or three channel amp, and use receiver to drive othe speakers. Soon you will decide to replace center speaker too. It is better to have all front speakers of the same brand. Look for HTM4 from Nautilus series.

I wanted a warranty and to use my Sony card for 6 months same as cash. So, i just ordered a scratch n dent from Crutchfield. A 9 channel Onkyo PA-MC5501 amplifier.

Back
Top Bottom