Boxing Weekend Bouts

canton

OK got the Heavyweights 500 PM n showtime on first then espn takes over at 1000 PM EST

Anthony Joshua 20-0 20 KO's vs. Joseph Parker 24-0 18 KO's Heavywgths.
As I said 500 PM showtime

Followed by on ESPN at 1000 PM

M. Deluca 20-0 12 KO's vs. Mike Moore 15-1 7 KO's>> 154 LBs

J. Quigley 13-0 10 KO's vs. D. Rasario 11-3 10 KO's>> 160 LBs

There will be at least one swing bout but not sure about who they will put in there.

So that is the line up anybody want to kick it around. Sports can be a hot topic not looking to exchange punches but am interested in who is picking who. I know the Heavy wghts usually get a lot of attention so figured I would post. See if the Solid State guys go for the heavy hitters, the Tube people more into the ... Ah forget about all that who you got? Good several hours of boxing showing up early on the Tube.
Canton

I used to follow boxing a bit when I was younger. I kind of lost interest because it seemed like every bout I watched had a different outcome than what I had just watched. I have to admit I've not even heard of the two heavyweights fighting. I'd watch if i got Showtime. I hope it's a good fight.

What a bunch of prima donna bullsh*t for introductions.

Now I know why I don't watch boxing any more. It's almost as bad as Big Time Wrestling was back in the 60s.

OK guys I hear what you are saying. Now hear me out. Sure you just watched the worst of boxing. I will give you that. Because it is the heavyweights and it is all garbage. If you want to enjoy the fights in this day and time there are a few things you have to know. Man I am not trying to be no preached but I have spent a lot of my life around boxing. First it is the lighter weights that are the real fights and fighters. It is the guys that are developing and not making much money that make me jump up and holler. Look at this way ever see a lousy baseball game a boring football game>? Sure but you learn who is real in the sport the type of defense they play to watch Manny at third and now go to short it is a treat in baseball. To see a pure hitter, a guy play 3rd and go to SS and never miss a game and play his butt off. yea Cal. What I am saying is the sport of boxing takes some effort to know what to watch and where to watch it. All I am saying in this kick back it that the Heavy wghts get all the promo, but the smaller weights and fights get no attention its word of mouth. I posted up on boxing and knowing that most people go out for the Heavy Boys I put that up but I also put up the lighter weights on ESPN. Lets leave it at this no one likes a long post except the poster, I recorded the ESPN Fights will watch later (had family plans last night). I will see how they did. In closing Boxing is a dirty sport always has been. But so is all the other sports PEDs everywhere big contracts no loyality to the home town. But boxing is an easy target so it gets kicked around. I posted to see if there were any boxing fans never said it was the fight of the decade. Thanks for the truth.
Time to check and make sure my ESPN fights recorded.
Canton

Joshua won a boring fight that was too defensive and tactical. Parker would have done well, if not won, by turning it into a rumble. Hopefullt Joshua and Wilder will have a go. I think Wilder will force a real fight.

It sounds like the Povetkin fight was the one to see.

Yes I watched the ESPN fights this morning I got mad at Deluca for fighting a Welterwgth in a Middlewght fight. Then the ref in case you did not see it, took not one but two points from the Kid from Mexico for get this no lie took two points from the Kid(Agaton) who took the fight on 6 days notice who got hit with a low blow from Deluca. Bet it is on youtube unreal. come on now. Just when you think you have seen it all. Plus the kid was bleading from a head butt. Lost all respect for Deluca, I could go on but one of those fights. Yea that is the fight everyone wants in the Heavy Devision Joshua / Wilder just a matter of when and where and how much they will get for it. Wilder has a funky sloppy style that has worked for his so far. He will not play it safe. So looks like Canello Alverez is going to miss the fight the rematch with Triple G. The first fight sucked to my eyes. didnt live up the the hype or what each man was capable of. Maybe that is what Canello wanted he could not be that stupid to PED right before a fight like that lot of money lost lot of fans very angry.
OK end of my rant for now,
Canton

Yes I watched the ESPN fights this morning I got mad at Deluca for fighting a Welterwgth in a Middlewght fight. Then the ref in case you did not see it, took not one but two points from the Kid from Mexico for get this no lie took two points from the Kid(Agaton) who took the fight on 6 days notice who got hit with a low blow from Deluca. Bet it is on youtube unreal. come on now. Just when you think you have seen it all. Plus the kid was bleading from a head butt. Lost all respect for Deluca, I could go on but one of those fights. Yea that is the fight everyone wants in the Heavy Devision Joshua / Wilder just a matter of when and where and how much they will get for it. Wilder has a funky sloppy style that has worked for his so far. He will not play it safe. So looks like Canello Alverez is going to miss the fight the rematch with Triple G. The first fight sucked to my eyes. didnt live up the the hype or what each man was capable of. Maybe that is what Canello wanted he could not be that stupid to PED right before a fight like that lot of money lost lot of fans very angry.
OK end of my rant for now,
Canton
Canelo really blew it, maybe you're right but I was hoping to see a rematch. The first fight wasn't as good as it should have been. I'll try to watch the Deluca fight.

Good about the Deluca fight glad I didnt tell you too much about the outcome. ESPN has got a good line up coming up for new few weeks. Yea I could not say anything negitive about the Canello 3G fight for a good while or I just got my head ripped off but it was nothing like I thought it would be now 3G is getting older he only has so many more fights left in him and the way boxers fight only an average of 2Xs a year That rematch will not happen as I predicted that Canello will not want a second go round after the last fight. But got lots of good fights in the lighter weights coming up. What did they do to Teddy Atlas on ESPN? The guy helped build that boxing dept. and now gone gone gone. Got some intellectual to take his place. I remember him and Bob Papa on Tuesday night fights used to really be some great cards if you knew the nights even had the Tuesday Night Fights along with the Friday night fights. Ah well.
Take it light,
Canton

Back
Top Bottom