Boy I feel dumb..

Punker X

Staff member
Subscriber
A lot of good treads with everyone tweaking their TT's.

Yesterday I was tweaking trying to get a strong right channel problem fixed. I was messing with everything.

Well I have my TT's set up on temperary shelf and it is not level. So I adjusted the springs to level out the table.

Well today I picked up some short stands for my HPM-40's that put them 10" closer to the TT. After that when the needle it the vinyl I had a low freq hum. Started investigating and moved the speaker way a couple feet from the TT. The problem decreased. Further investigation found that I had adjusted the suspension so that the center plynth was resting up against the control panel. Readjusted the suspension so it floated free and both channel are nice and even now.

Sometimes its the simpliest things that get you.

X

Sometimes it's not until after, then the little light bulb goes off, and you think"Wow, I should of thought of that before!" It's the little things that can drive you nuts. Good on you, you've got it taken care of. Now start playing with those new speaker stands. Move them that way, then turn them this way...............................
Have fun
Brad

Back
Top Bottom