Bozak b313 speakers.

Cosmic Pro

Good morning everyone, quick question, I recently came into a pair of bozak b313 speakers. I've read a lot about the Tobin mods versus just upgrading the capacitors and keeping it stock... for now, I'm going to just going to replace the capacitors. I haven't open the backs yet to look inside.... has anyone just replace the caps? If so, can you recommend the type of caps as well as their values?

If anyone has a foto they can share with me on the the crossover looks like prior to the replacement as well as after the replacement that would be helpful to me as I am a visual learner... thanks in adavance!!! CP

Hay,

It is suggested that you open up the black container that's mounted on the crossovers and check for the values. As long as the new caps have the same, or higher voltage rating you're fine.

Biggles

Cool it down in here. I cleaned up those last couple of posts.
I responded to your question and fully answered it (B-313 uses the same N-10102 as the B-302) when you asked it here:
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....mods-on-my-bozaks.732688/page-8#post-10650790

No need exists for yet another thread on the same subject. Any of the B-302 or N-10102 crossover threads will suffice to answer your questions.

All of the information you seek (and more!) is available with a few minutes of trivial searching.
The OP is requesting specific guidance or recommendations on the type/value of caps to use, including photos. If he needs help, he can request it; that is the purpose of these forums - sharing the hobby. Please leave moderation to moderators

Cool it down in here. I cleaned up those last couple of posts.

The OP is requesting specific guidance or recommendations on the type/value of caps to use, including photos. If he needs help, he can request it; that is the purpose of these forums - sharing the hobby. Please leave moderation to moderators
Thank you!!

a 313 properly installed will produce 50 to 12,000 with an additional 8 DB roll off at 16 KHZ. You might get 45 Hz placing them in corners off the floor at ear height. They can be a very realistic sounding loud speaker. And because of the enclosure the woofer will be faster than in a 302. I have a pair for my side channels and they do a very nice job.

The previous owner used them for rear channels of a Quad system. I installed them in homes for master bed rooms, Garages, offices, etc and for small family rooms or listening rooms in the 60's. Especially for people who didn't want over accented highs or blooming bass. Not every one loved KLH and AR speakers. They were just as revealing as a Hersey or small EV or Altec model though not quiet as efficient. 30 watts was about the right size amp for the speaker, but you could use a 100 watts if you installed a very steep high pass filter around 45 HZ to protect the system. I use 50 hz filters on my HT processor to protect the 313's. About the only trouble I have had is cold solder joints on the N10102 crossover.

Back
Top Bottom