BOZAK CONCERT GRAND $1000 or best (Minneapolis)

Who gives a shit about repop labels. These are a killer deal. I have torn apart many original bozak cabs and these custom cabs look way better built. Bracing and all. Those tweeter arrays have serious value. I sold one bracket with 8 paper tweeters for 150.00. These have all the better aluminum coned drivers. I see 1500.00 in parts here. I'd offer 750 and maybe a little higher. Casters are a BIG plus too.

Last edited:
Bad labels be damned that's a great deal right there on some excellent speakers. The only problem I can see is for the potential buyer having the means to move those heavy beasts and a room big enough to enjoy them.

Who gives a shit about repop labels. These are a killer deal. I have torn apart many original bozak cabs and these custom cabs look way better built. Bracing and all. Those tweeter arrays have serious value. I sold one bracket with 8 paper tweeters for 150.00. These have all the better aluminum coned drivers. I see 1500.00 in parts here. I'd offer 750 and maybe a little higher. Casters are a BIG plus too.

Actually, the fellow did a very nice job on the cabs. Love the Bozaks... fabulous speaker.

He might have done a good job on the construction, but he knows nothing about veneering.

He might have done a good job on the construction, but he knows nothing about veneering.
The veneer may not be perfect to some eyes; (I can't see the problem) and the badges may not be original (big deal) but someone landed a great sounding and very presentable pair of monster speakers for short money.

The veneer may not be perfect to some eyes; (I can't see the problem) and the badges may not be original (big deal) but someone landed a great sounding and very presentable pair of monster speakers for short money.

The grain should absolutely not run parallel to the short axis like that. It drives me nuts looking at it.

The grain should absolutely not run parallel to the short axis like that. It drives me nuts looking at it.
It is veneer, it has no structural effect. If someone likes it short axis, so be it.

I'd guess (really a guess) that it isn't unprecedented from design standpoint. Is it done, e.g., with Scandinavian furniture?

Not by experienced craftsmen. Grain always runs with the long axis.
Not common, but isn't book matched short grain veneer a recognized veneering pattern? Googling scandinavian design or book matched short grain veneer, I see many examples of book matched veneer in short grain pattern. Most, but not all, have grain running vertical in those patterns (long axis horizontal). But there was this.

But I agree design is unusual and not pleasing to my eye.

Those cabinets look exceptionally made. You'd be hard pressed to make those same boxes for $1,000 if you include someone's mill time. And the internal bracing is done way better than original. You're basically getting the guts for free.

Back
Top Bottom