bozak concert grands

sbeineke

I got a pair of Bozak P-310 Concert Grands from a church in Nampa, Idaho a couple years back. They are the panel version. They had been sitting in my garage since then. Built cabinets to spec (actually over spec'd) last winter and finally dragged them in.

Let me tell you...what an experience. The most naturally pleasant and listenable speakers I have ever heard. Pushing them with a simple Marantz 3200 pre and 140 main combo and I can just sit back, close my eyes, and transform myself into the concert. Makes no difference what kind of music it is....all effortless. One aspect I find amazing is not only the pinpoint placement of each performer but also the volume...quiet is quiet and loud is loud. In other words, I have never heard a speaker produce such a uncompressed spread where things at should be quiet and things that should be loud are loud in a single sound...all without effort. Everything else I have listened to seems to "even" out the difference for some reason.

I can sit back and listen to these things for hours and never get the least bit "tired"

Now, this is in my office...which is too small realistically. As soon as I can get the grills built my wife has given me the green light to put them in the living room which is large. At that point I believe the will only get better because they will have the room to breath.

Just sayin'...

:needpics:

Maybe not completely worthless - nice description of the sound. Hope you'll grace us with photos when you get 'em grilled and the living room filled.

Hey, you kept them! That's if these are the ones I came and looked at on the driveway you were selling.

I've never heard a pair but would definitely welcome the opportunity. What you describe is often a function of large loudspeakers with considerable design effort behind them. Once you own a pair, there is no going back to lesser designs.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom