Bozak question B207A

gyusher

-don't go round hungry-
I have a pair of Bozak B211s that I recently bought at a Thrift store. Sound is terrific. . . The boxes are really too rough for repair so I am in the process of yanking the drivers and building new boxes to put them back into.

My question is this; I was positive that the woofers are B-199Y Alnicos but on the side is a label B-207A??

I know the Bozak number B207A is for the B199A woofer with the B200Y tweeters mounted coaxially. . .

My cabs are the same two way system but the tweeters are mounted on the box rather in the woofer.

Have I answered my own question or did they make a B207A woofer too?? I can not find anything about it except what I mentioned.

Bozaks,are they original in original cabs?

Hey Gyusher....I have the Candian version of those speakers and they're great,they certainly grow on ya.Great with vinyl,bassdrum has a nice punch to it...I dont know if you are aware of the hifilit site,it has a bunch of info in the Bozak section.My speaker boxes came with a plugged wooden removable cutout for mounting an optional mid-range,my tweeters are mounted directly to the woofer,across the middle of the woofer.Check the site and see if they are the proper tweeters,maybe the owner just decided on different placement?...Let us know what you find out...I am currently trying mine with an old Nippon Sound Reciever made in Japan...5 watts s.e.t,and so far they are very revealing and satisfying..I have tried them with sons Sansui 6500 integrated,Marantz 2240,and various tube amps.I also once traded them for a drumset,and realized how much I missed them when I tried a diffwerent set of speakers.They are really well voiced and seem to work well with just about anything you throw at them.I prefer tubes,but thats just me......just keep in mind that a 4 cu ft box is minumum to bring out their best.My cabs are rough too,they reside in my Drum Workshop,so no big deal,they're definately backbreakers arn't they,mine are staying in the workshop,I may change amps but I'm not moving them anymore!!! dimensions of mine are in inches are 24 wide by 20 deep by 24 tall with a 4 inch riser on the bottom...Good luck they are well worth restoring in my humble opinion....Enjoy Your Music...Kenny

12in 2way

Kenny said:
Hey Gyusher....I have the Candian version of those speakers and they're great

I would have bet money that there was never a 12in 2way that sounded decent much less awesome. . . I have decided to sell mine and find a near mint larger set. I see quite a few on eBay, often near enough for pickup.

I brought mine home from the Thrift store not expecting anything but just an old speaker but WOW!! after a couple hours of wondermint I took out my new ones and they have been in daily use since. I am more amazed each day how nice and mellow their laidback sound is. I think these old soldiers are the absolute best I have ever heard at any price for very low volume midnight listening.

You dont want to hit them with big power and complicated music all at once or they will go into distress but never have I heard a nicer speaker for low level listening.

I'm sold. . . Cant wait till I find a couple big boys. . .

Back
Top Bottom