BRAND NEW MEMBER - needs direction

You have some stuff around the caps - ie: a large patch of liquid that is now dry. This may be leaking fluid.

The sound clip suggests to me that the amp is running out of power on bassy sections (otherwise it sounds quite good). I can only see this as being a process of elimination. The powersupply caps may be all dried out and there is no tolerance in the amp for power when the amp needs it. I think replace those 2 large caps and see if the distortion remains.

Its a bit confusing as their also appears to be some HF crackling in there - which could illustrate small-signal tranny failure - like gort69 refers to above.

If you want to keep screwing around with it I'd get a manual and start checking voltages
After you get a good loupe or magnifying glass and give it a good go over for cracked or failed solder joints
Better to do it that way than to just keep hoping for an easy answer and poking around in the dark

Check for a loose/broken ground wire.
+1 and all the other advice
Gave me mind numbing problems with a KA-7300, there were a couple (black wires) that went from the boards to little posts on the chassis that the guy before me never reconnected, not with solder anyway
Had temp related act ups
Wasted about a gallon of Rat Shack cleaner trying to wash the problem away before I caught it
Long time ago, pre-internet

I looked at your pics - I see deformed tops on those caps - bad.

I also see where it looks like one cap did spill it's guts out the bottom, that big "stain" is certainly NOT glue related.

That amp needs work.

I looked at your pics - I see deformed tops on those caps - bad.

I also see where it looks like one cap did spill it's guts out the bottom, that big "stain" is certainly NOT glue related.

That amp needs work.
He's been told this 10 times
Doesn't seem to want to hear it

Back
Top Bottom