Braun L710s in Mass

Without a picture copy and paste this thread will die when the listing does.

At that price someone is going to need to like them, but that can happen. Using the grilles most of the life of these speakers did keep the sticky domes clean. One reason I like the cloth grilles on the ads speakers.

@allhartfidelity has/had some 810s with that same cloth. Must have been an option/upgrade from the metal grills.
The listing is for Brauns. The ads had cloth grille early then metal grilles. I think the metal grilles on the Braun were white, mostly, but google can't find the german site that has many € brochures, wegavision.pytalhost.com to check for some of the options.

Most Braun 710s have flat metal aluminum grills that sit flush. I’ve seen a few tweed examples like the ones in the ad and allhart’s Braun 810s.

I’m sort of hurt that you would think I wouldn’t know the difference between Braun and ADS. (Walking slowly away looking at my tarnished merit badge...)

you know em better than me. I just remember the black metal on the 1030 I had and all those white speakers in the docs on line.
without a sig I can see (I have em turned off, too much scrolling getting past those lists and lists of collections) and being banned from the a look at your profile, I'm lost with what folks here know about ads except jdurbin1 and of course Glenn. Glenn is in each thread.

They are sweet.

(I was only kidding about being hurt! My knowledge in most things around here is pretty limited but I do have a small obsession with these particular speakers...set of Braun 710s in the bedroom system).

The early flat metal grills with styro cut inserts were problematic at best. I was told that grill style was discontinued as the magnets rattled and the grills came loose. Just hearsay there, i wasnt around. Then came cloth and of course dome metal. Some were pressure fit as in with the smaller braun bookshelf, some like my 830 there were velcro no longer magnetic. Not sure if cloth vs steel were "optional" but i would gather not. Color/finish was, and perhaps cloth or metal came with a parricular cabinet choice, but likely not as a stand alone option. Stand alone option may have been cost prohibitive do to cab alterations needed to accomodate the 2 styles. Just conjecture on my part, given the rare brochure reading ive done from recollection.
Note: this is in reference to Braun only.

Ive had 20 pair or better Braun. 3 times as many ADS. up to the 2030. A/B braun and ADS side by side many years, having beenninside them all. 2 pair were white, rest were teak or black.

They are sweet.

(I was only kidding about being hurt! My knowledge in most things around here is pretty limited but I do have a small obsession with these particular speakers...set of Braun 710s in the bedroom system).
"Small obsession ".... uh, ok.

The ad says they have been up for 26 days. Hard to believe the seller hasn't had a good offer yet.

Being on the east coast where ADS speakers are quite a bit more prevalent may be affecting the resale value. In my neck of the woods I guarantee those would have been gone within the first couple days for around $275-$300.

Back
Top Bottom