Break Up This Forum?

ManFromPorlock said:
How do you feel about having separate tape and turntable forums? The two technologies don't really have a lot in common.
I vote YES, but what do you do about older posts that are already mixed together?

ManFromPorlock said:
The two technologies don't really have a lot in common.
...other than they are both analog recording methods, and, when new, one seldom found one without the other. Yes, I am old enough to remember those days. Buy a new LP, take it home, record it on the RtR, store the album, and play the tape.

Yup, Ernie is old enough to remember when he had to turn the crank on the side of his record player to get the platter to spin... :D

I don't know, are the tapers and the vinylists the same people? If so, we're gonna check both forums anyhow. If space in the forum isn't an issue, it'd just create more work for whoever runs the site.
Dan

Split forum or new forum

Hi:
Not to hijack this thread but I would still like a KIT FORUM for all the kit builders and enthusiasts out there.
Ed

luvvinvinyl said:
I REALLY wish I had that now.
I don't know if you're familiar with the Cracker Barrel chain of southern-style restaurants, but the one near me has a floor model Edison cylinder player up on the wall as part of the decor. Story is the chain goes all across North America buying stuff from fleamarkets, yard/garage/tag sales, etc. to furnish new restaurants.
Tom

hey, i personally still love and use both formats. i mean, i've purchased some rather nice tape decks over the last couple of days.....too many in fact..how many decks does one need when you got an Onkyo 3-head.......i am supposed to be getting a RTR soon

but uhh...i'd say seperate them...that way it's easier for the turntable people to find thier stuff and the tapers to find it...can't people go reading multiple forums.....space wise it takes up virturally NOTHING in the database.

Yamaha B-2 said:
Not until we get a Sony/Yamaha forum. First things, first.

Oh God, NO! Not a mixed Yamaha/Sony forum! That would be like a, a, like a, Pioneer!

Back
Top Bottom