Brett's Living Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice setup! I really like the CD player & turntable stands, nice touch. :yes: :thmbsp:

I just checked out the pics, nice job!

That women sitting on top of your CD player has a twin who sits near my system!

What I don't understand is how all the wires in back are so neat and "organized."

The back of my system is a mess!:yes:

Thanks everyone for the fresh round of kind words.

Not sure if i mentioned it in this thread, but I've had the loving support of my wife who "gave" me the room when we bought the house and moved in in 2005.

It is our living room, but company seem to refer to it as "the Music Room".

I spent quite a lot of time cumulatively tuning the room with treatment panels, plants and furniture placement. Even considering its asymmetry, it's dialed in pretty well as a balanced listening environment.

Thanks everyone for the fresh round of kind words.

Not sure if i mentioned it in this thread, but I've had the loving support of my wife who "gave" me the room when we bought the house and moved in in 2005.

It is our living room, but company seem to refer to it as "the Music Room".

I spent quite a lot of time cumulatively tuning the room with treatment panels, plants and furniture placement. Even considering its asymmetry, it's dialed in pretty well as a balanced listening environment.

I have also been fortunate to have a VERY understanding wife who puts up with music playing at various levels practically 24/7. :thmbsp:

WOW ! Just magnificent. Very interesting turntable too. Are these still available ?
The Well Tempered brand has changed hands a couple times. What I have is first generation. The founder, Bill Firebaugh, sold the company to Stanalog.
As far as i can tell, Stanalog let the brand die and Mr.Firebaugh re-started it with an updated design.

The first generation Well Tempered Record Player, WT Classic and WT Reference all come up on the used market, albeit in small numbers. The "Amadeus" is the new incarnation. (The one that uses the golf ball).

The WTRP that i have can be had on the used market for between $700 and $1,000. I don't know of another way to get $2,500 worth of performance for under a grand. (The Amadaus I think goes for around $3k+)

I have also been fortunate to have a VERY understanding wife who puts up with music playing at various levels practically 24/7. :thmbsp:

Well, the irony is that my wife doesn't actually care much for music. She prefers a quiet house (as do I most of the time). I rarely listen when she's home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom