Brian "Brainsmasher" top notch.

thedelihaus

Nocturnal transmissions
Bought some items off of Brian "Brainsmasher". He gave me a great deal on everything- a Technics doohicky, a Kenwood 7100 in wood case, and an incredibly good little speaker, the Baltec 30, which suprised me how nice it was. I got the Baltecs because he offered 'em to me for hardly anything- $20- and figured they'd make good kitchen, workshop, or giveaways. That $20 was the most bang for my buck! Besides a minor rattle I think is a loose cover, these things kick out more sound than you'd believe. And they're built solid- no lie, there's a hair-net type net that holds the foam in place, massive x-overs for such a little speaker, and a great woofer, deep as a funnel, with cast frame to boot! They're keepers, and may get more of a respectable roll in my household after all.

Haven't tried the Technics doohicky out, but he was completely honest about the condition (nice faceplate, but a few top scratches). It powered right up, and begged to be hooked up (no room yet to try it out- darn contractors are moving like molasses).

haven't tried the 7100 yet either, but it arrived with the faceplate gleaming and spotless. Glaring eyes are telling me I better loan it to my brother in law or tuck it away until the contractors are done.

His packing was the best I've ever seen- I told him if I was having a baby, I'd prefer him delivering it over the stork any day. Bulletproof packing! Everything was double-boxed, extra cardboard stuck in where needed, foam corners and edges fashioned from a styrofoam container I believe, and peanuts and bubble wrap to finish it all off. If Steve McQueen drove the black charger off the road and into the gas tanks with the boxes in the trunk, the boxes would easily have survived...

So, would I do business with Brian again? You bet. All day long. Honest, excellent packer, and more than fair on price, he's a top-notch, trustworthy, excellent AKer.

:thmbsp:

Last edited:
I mean, despite all the ribbing I'm gonna take over owning a pair of Latvian loudspeakers, he charged me only $20 for them, and they are really impressive. I didn't expect that, even though he told me so. I really didn't want to like 'em... but I do.

Minor issues to sort out with them, but it might very well be my personal best deal. I've payed less for other equipment, but besides competition with my pair of $10 turntables, this may be the most satisfactory bargain I've ever got.

Not to mention the KA-7100 puts my other 7100 to shame...

Thanks again, Brian.

Back
Top Bottom