Bring Back The Old Format

Everytime I see these bring back the old format requests I think.... go try to navigate around Audio Asylum for a couple of weeks and then come back to AK and see how you feel about XenForo.
After all these years, I can't believe that they are still running what is basically a port of the ancient (I'm talking pre-1995 ancient) wwwboard script. Sure it's had some additions, but that is largely due to spamming, trolling, etc., as the old wwwboard never had any login capabilities--anyone could post anything without a login. I used to run WebBBS (a variation of the same wwwboard script, but the same basic setup) and that became a nightmare to deal with by 2002. Spam and trolling were just starting to take root. And since I still have some archived posts, I occasionally have to dig through one of my old ones...and I can't believe what a tedious nightmare it is to navigate that style of board. (Too many clicks--my carpal tunnel is bad enough as it is!)

Needless to say, that is one forum I never visit, simply due to disliking the layout that much. Mobile usage? Forget it. Being stuck 20+ years in the past is going to catch up with a board like that.

After all these years, I can't believe that they are still running what is basically a port of the ancient (I'm talking pre-1995 ancient) wwwboard script. Sure it's had some additions, but that is largely due to spamming, trolling, etc., as the old wwwboard never had any login capabilities--anyone could post anything without a login. I used to run WebBBS (a variation of the same wwwboard script, but the same basic setup) and that became a nightmare to deal with by 2002. Spam and trolling were just starting to take root. And since I still have some archived posts, I occasionally have to dig through one of my old ones...and I can't believe what a tedious nightmare it is to navigate that style of board. (Too many clicks--my carpal tunnel is bad enough as it is!)

Needless to say, that is one forum I never visit, simply due to disliking the layout that much. Mobile usage? Forget it. Being stuck 20+ years in the past is going to catch up with a board like that.

You're free to choose,your choice:)

Well I'm screwed. Hasn't rained in quite a while, and ain't no caves to be found.

After seeing the plethora of ads about bladder control, adult diapers and whatnot, it's clear why these are called "The Golden Years".

Wildcat said:
After all these years, I can't believe that they are still running what is basically a port of the ancient (I'm talking pre-1995 ancient) wwwboard script.

Why change something if it works??

I dont see why ppl change stuff just cause they "hear" stuff isnt good anymore,etc.... I know several sites still on VB2.3 and they are fine!!

Audio Asylum likes what they have,it works well..... ITS BASIC.... Its fine :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom