Bring your stuff to the AK fest - and help out!

piece-it pete

What, me worry?
Howdy everyone!

Cleaning out my "stereo junk room" yesterday I came across the 5 tons of crap that is good, but not useful to me, that I think most of us have lieing around. Misc drivers, xover components, pieces-parts, project units I'll NEVER get around to, various weird stuff, etc. Heck a good chunk of lps' that are all at least VG that I just don't like!

How about we bring it with us to the AK fest, setup like a thrift shop but with all proceeds going to AK? We get more room, the stuff goes to use, AK gets some funds, and a neat room for all members to browse. Win-win-win-win.

Hey it would put most thrifts to shame!! :banana:

Chime in!

Pete

Sounds good too me...

Curious what Grumpy and company think?!

Since I haven't been to a fest yet. How much gear swapping are we looking at besides?

Cheers
Army

Wasn't much last year, but I think that's because nobody expected there to be.

One thing I did do is go through my albums and had a nice stack of them for sale to benefit AK, a buck each with a donation jar. We'll probably do something similar this year too.

I wouldn't mind throwing a half dozen things in the trunk to bring up. Especially if the proceeds go to AK.....I think it's a good idea.

I'm in

I've got a few small things I can bring along, most of it will be small stuff I can get on a carry on bag or in a suitcase. Stuff that might have some value to someone for a buck or two but not necessarily worth the 7-8 it might cost to ship.

Back
Top Bottom