Brought in some higher end AQ cabling

HVHiFI

Hudson Valley HiFI
Sponsor
Recently met with one of the great reps from Audioquest and wanted to try some of the higher end cabling in our room with higher end equipment. I am always a cabling skeptic especially when it comes to higher end vs entry level but wanted to keep an open mind and let my ears do the deciding.

We decided to bring in AQs new (well semi-new) Garth Powell designed Niagara 1000 power conditioner, Earth Interconnects, Rocket 88 BiWire speaker cabling, and Thunder Power Cable. These are all also available for customers to take home and try in their systems to evaluate before purchasing which I hope to receive feedback on. All cables utilize AQ's 72v DBS system on the shielding.

So for disclosure, yes we are AQ dealers, however I am still someone who appreciates a product for it's value and wants to sell our customers products I believe in and would buy myself. In interconnects I can easily hear a difference between the cheap cable that comes with a CDP vs say an AQ Evergreen which is not a crazy expensive cable. Will I hear a substantial enough difference from a less expensive Evergreen to Water which retails for 14 times the cost? Stay tuned to my results along with some comments from customers who try the cables at home. Our test system in the store will include equipment from Luxman, Rogue Audio, Rega, Clear Audio, Totem Acoustics, and Monitor Audio. I will also try some of these in my personal system which utilizes a Rogue Audio RP1 / Atlas Magnum II setup. Going to be fun.

Back
Top Bottom