Bryston 9B SST THX PRO 120 value please

tk1769

Good evening all, and thank you in advance along with all the past help I have received.

I have a Bryston 9B SST PRO THX amp, I really don't have a use for it so would like to know approximate value. I have tried finding comparables online, can't seem to find this model for sale nor previous sales.

Bench tested, works as it should, the tape on the front face will come off clean I just haven't had a chance to clean it up yet.

Thanks again! :music:

Watch this auction, you’ll know the value of yours at the end of it. It’s the exact model.
No affil.
https://www.ebay.com/p/Bryston-9B-SST-5-Channel-Power-Amplifier/110875394?iid=263477800679

thank you!

can anyone explain if there is any difference in the two models;
the one listed above is labeled < 9B SST THX 120 >
the one I have is labeled as < 9B SST THX PRO 120 >

is there any difference? i may reach out to Bryston directly, this until came from a very high end in home in Aspen, Colorado...could be a unique model or possibly outside the US market (?)

thanks again all! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Thank you, can you tell me where you found the MSRP information?

MSRP from Orion Blue Book for Audio. That ebay auction starts at $1800, I'll be surprised if anybody bids on it. I doubt if there is any difference between the THX and THX PRO models. If there is, the PRO would be the better model. Probably built in different years? Wouldn't hurt to ask Bryston directly for info.

thank you!

is there any difference? i may reach out to Bryston directly, this until came from a very high end in home in Aspen, Colorado...could be a unique model or possibly outside the US market (?)

No difference. In fact this is more than similar to a 9B-ST THX amp. The power output and case, heat sinks and back panel are the same.
The ~$1,500 figure is likely sound.

thank you!

PRO models have individual channel volume trim option.

Heard back form Bryston (very helpful), PRO model retailed for $6095, still has more than 4 years of warranty coverage.

I now know better the value of this unit, pretty impressive all around...almost wish I were building a 5-channel movie system :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom