BSR Mcdonald-Can't find the year made

Mustang Sue

I have searched for days trying to find out the age of two turntables. I suspect 70s of course, but what part of the 70s. I searched sites that have manuals,etc. One is a Realistic LAB 12C and the other is a BSR McDonald SA150. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

The first is easy, thanks to www.radioshackcatalogs.com

037.jpg

^^^This is from 1976, e.g.

EDIT: "New for '75" :)
031.jpg

For the other, try www.vinylengine.com

EDIT^2 Don't see an SA-150 there -- I googled and 'best' SA-150 sighting I had* looks a lot like the R/S LAB-110 "new for '78". My father in law had one of those way back when (FWIW).

047.jpg

* source of the image is a 'sale' forum, so I can't legitimately provide a link here at AK outside of "Dollars and Sense".
attach_pic.php

Last edited:

037.jpg

031.jpg

EDIT^2 Don't see an SA-150 there -- I googled and 'best' SA-150 sighting I had* looks a lot like the R/S LAB-110 "new for '78". My father in law had one of those way back when (FWIW).

047.jpg

* source of the image is a 'sale' forum, so I can't legitimately provide a link here at AK outside of "Dollars and Sense".
attach_pic.php
Wow, I figured it might be that year because of the shape of the platter and arm. Thanks very much. I love this stuff.

037.jpg

031.jpg

047.jpg

attach_pic.php
The arm is like that for the SA150, S shaped.But it has a counter weight with no numbers that I'm missing. I have to find how in the Heck they adjusted it! I see o,e for sale on eBay but I'm not paying 20. I thought maybe about getting another with number with the same hole diameter. But then I'm not sure about that working right.

Back
Top Bottom