1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

BSR Mcdonald-Can't find the year made

Discussion in 'Turntables' started by Sue Kretock, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Mustang Sue

Mustang Sue New Member

I have searched for days trying to find out the age of two turntables. I suspect 70s of course, but what part of the 70s. I searched sites that have manuals,etc. One is a Realistic LAB 12C and the other is a BSR McDonald SA150. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. mhardy6647

mhardy6647 AK Subscriber Subscriber

The first is easy, thanks to www.radioshackcatalogs.com

[​IMG]
    ^^^This is from 1976, e.g.

EDIT: "New for '75" :)
    [​IMG]

For the other, try www.vinylengine.com

EDIT^2 Don't see an SA-150 there -- I googled and 'best' SA-150 sighting I had* looks a lot like the R/S LAB-110 "new for '78". My father in law had one of those way back when (FWIW).

[​IMG]

* source of the image is a 'sale' forum, so I can't legitimately provide a link here at AK outside of "Dollars and Sense".
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    Sue Kretock likes this.
  3. Mustang Sue

Mustang Sue New Member

4. Mustang Sue

Mustang Sue New Member

Wow, I figured it might be that year because of the shape of the platter and arm. Thanks very much. I love this stuff.

5. mhardy6647

mhardy6647 AK Subscriber Subscriber

6. Mustang Sue

Mustang Sue New Member

Yes! This is great. This is the of info I like. Thank you for all your help.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. Mustang Sue

Mustang Sue New Member

The arm is like that for the SA150, S shaped.But it has a counter weight with no numbers that I'm missing. I have to find how in the Heck they adjusted it! I see o,e for sale on eBay but I'm not paying 20. I thought maybe about getting another with number with the same hole diameter. But then I'm not sure about that working right.