Budget DAC for Android? And mini-review.

I have the SMSL sanskrit 6th generation DAC and tried to connect my galaxy s7 to it using both the Samsung provided OTG usb connector and a third party OTG cable with USB Audio Player Pro. Neither worked. The error message I get is no DAC is detected. Any suggestions? Thanks.IMG_0078.JPG

Can't say I really know how to help. My DAC has been working pretty well for over a year now. Hope you can figure it out.

Powered hub, but my setup is a bit different than yours. Initially I was running 3.5mm from a tablet out to my amp. Then I got the DAC and ran it from a USB A type connection from the keyboard/dock of the tablet, since it had one. I wanted to be able to use an HDD for storage, since I don't care for streaming. It was then that I picked up an 8 port powered USB 3.0 hub and a OTG cable for the tablet. It's also kind of weird because my tablet has a separate power in, so it stays charged while using the OTG for connections through the hub..

Thanks for the info. I am thinking my issue is the lack of a power hub. The galaxy S7 probably does not enough power for the OTG connector. I will get a power hub, try it, and report back.

I have been trying out some different OPAMPS in my FX AUDIO DAC X6, I pulled out the BB 2134OPA and plugged in an LME49860NA, it is very balanced and smooth. My ears prefer the LME.

I rolled a LME49860NA in my X6, but there was distortion at certain times. Got a refund for it. Now waiting for another LME from a different vendor, and a couple of other OpAmps to try. I like the sound of the X6, but I agree with Nixxuz that is almost too "analytical" at times. I'm hoping I can find an OpAmp that will turn it into something as warm and easy on the ears as my PS Audio DLIII. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom