Budget DAC, With Remote Volume Control & Bluetooth?

RedbowTies88

Hey everyone, been a long time since my last post.

I'm admittedly pretty clueless when it comes to digital audio equipment, hopefully you can steer me in the right direction.

My new GF has agreed to allow me to install some of my vintage stereo components into her (small) living room so we can both enjoy some music from time to time. I'm planning to bring either my ADS 520's or JBL L46's (possibly both to a/b in the room) and setting them up on stands. Powered either by one my my vintage receivers or integrated amps (no seperates for lack of space and simplicity)

The catch is, it HAS to do everything her soundbar currently does. This includes receiving Bluetooth (or some wireless signal) directly from her phone, and being volume adjustable with a remote... preferably the Comcast one that controls the soundbar now. I'm not sure if her TV is outputting a variable signal via an optical connection to the sound bar or exactly how it works, but when you adjust the volume it appears to work that way with the volume bar appearing on the TV and effecting the soundbar.

The highest of fidelity isn't really the goal here. The room is pretty poorly setup for that anyway, and anything will best that crap bose soundbar. I'm hoping to be within a $200 budget. Hopefully I'm not living a pipe dream.

I appreciate any ideas/direction. Thanks!

Edit: Perhaps I'm approaching this thing wrong way? Maybe I should get an amplifier like the SMSL AD18 and just forget using a older amp?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom