Buffalo to Detroit in back in one day!

Kamakiri

The New Dynamic
Buffalo to Detroit & back in one day!

Left at 9 am with trailer in tow carrying Dwight's new CTC5.....got there at around 3:30, the kids had turned a 4 hour trip into a 6 1/2 hour trip with bathroom breaks, shopping for toys (we forgot to pack them :eek: )

Got to captainmoody's, when Andyman, RCA2000, and Carmine came by to say hi. Because of my then tight schedule I wasn't able to visit as long as I'd hoped, nor was I able to make it to Carmine's place :( . But there's always next time :)

Came home loaded with an RCA 2000 TV, a Williams pinball machine from Grump :) , a projection TV that Grump had picked up for me at a yard sale some time ago, a computer from Andy, a donation of a Sansui toroid from rca2000, and some audio stuff from the captain :)

Here's a pic of captainmoody, myself, Andyman, and rca2000 and the infamous RCA 2000 television, getting ready to load it into the trailer. Thanks for everything, guys! :beerchug:

Originally posted by Wardsweb
Man that picture looks closer to 1976 than 2006.

Gee, Wards, I guess it just depends on where you were that day.

Here's what Kam missed later on and a few miles west. I'll bet we took over 100 pics! Grumpy prolly doubled that!

Last edited:
Originally posted by Wardsweb
Man that picture looks closer to 1976 than 2006.
The Branson t-shirt is a giveaway.

I knew Branson, Missouri, in 1976, when it was TINY. I grew up in Springfield, about 40 miles north, and Branson was a spot to gas up and get some groceries when spending time at Tablerock. It's very strange to see what it turned into.

Well, Tim prolly had a BIT more hair in '76-& everybody's hair might have been a bit longer. Man, oh man! Wish I coulda been there! AKers, Teevees, beautiful day-don't get much better than this... I couldn't help load much-still can't do much like that-yet-but I could have stood there & Worried about Dropping the 2000. Everybody needs someone to stand there & be the official worrier-then the folks doing the work don't have to...-Sandy G.

Originally posted by VinylHanger
Funny how the best looking thing in the picture is the TV, followed as a close second by the truck :p:

Uh..........
You forgot the trashcan and hose :D

Originally posted by Sandy G
Well, Tim prolly had a BIT more hair in '76-& everybody's hair might have been a bit longer.

Nahh he was still bald as a bowling ball at age 3 :eek: :D :D

Well, the '50 Buick & the RCA 2000 sure are kewl-lookin' though.....and not a bad-lookin bunch of desperados, either. Just keep yr hand on yr wallet & all will be fine. That Buick was the model that was universally derided by "sophisticates" in Yoor-up as having the "Dollar Grin". Would be fun polishing all those bars, wouldn't it? Rotsa ruck finding ones for replacement now-I think they were several differing sizes, even if not apparent in the picture. Fun opening the hood on 'em, too-they opened from the side, instead of "alligator" fashion.-Sandy G.

Back
Top Bottom