Building a Plinth -- TD-124

This must be the ultimate plinth! One worthy of the td-124 at last.
Hope you enjoy it forever!

I realize just how much work that must have been - not just building the plinth but uploading and posting all the pictures, so thanks. I'm just now getting back into turntables and coincidentally have an old Thorens. I also coincidentally have a woodshop and have been thinking about building a new plinth for it. The one thing I do not have is the time. Still, I'm going to bookmark this page in the event that I find the time and decide to tackle the project.

I realize just how much work that must have been - not just building the plinth but uploading and posting all the pictures, so thanks.
You're most welcome and I'm glad it's useful. It is a lot of work, but it's a fun project to post all that. I started by making a web page narrative, getting the pictures in order and the text. Then pretty much used search and replace to get rid of all the HTML tags.

The only unexpected part was an AK limit (I think on the number of pictures per post or something) so I just divided it up with no problems.

It also may be my background (retired college professor) that makes me document things as a learning process for others!!

Dennis

Great thread. It may inspire me to take a second shot at plinth building. This one so utterly shames the one I made for my table that I may need to start over.

All I can say is if I ever need to build a plinth for anything I will remember this and be inspired.

Incredible is what first comes to mind. What a very nice job and so well documented for the rest of us to see. You have set a very high standard, indeed. Now I hope you are enjoying your music while gazing at your superb work of beauty and functionality!

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

Outstanding thread, outstanding build (and worthy of your TT), but most of all tromba, outstanding craftsmanship!!! Thank you for sharing with us this incredible venture.

and as always, Happy Listening! :beatnik:

Tromba, you are the MAN! Beautiful craftsmanship and a great step by step article. Thanks!:banana:

my first

thank's for an excellent post. I just finished my first plinth for a newly acquired TD 124. your work of art has filled my mind with new directions for my next build. thank's again, john

Nice work! How long did that take you to build?

Was wondering how much weight the lead added? And did you really need to make it weigh 60 lbs? I mean without the lead it would probably weigh quit a bit.

Back
Top Bottom