Bunch of BS...

pdm4606

I tried several times to get in but it took so long. I guess it's going the way of apple and other nutsy sites. Too bad, the folks had so much to offer.

Paul

They still do and time marches forward.

You needed to start a whole new thread to say that? I think we have about 4 gripe threads started already.

I tried several times to get in but it took so long. I guess it's going the way of apple and other nutsy sites. Too bad, the folks had so much to offer.

Paul
You should probably take some time to learn the new forum instead of throwing up the white flag so fast. It's not that hard is it?

Not sure what's wrong with it - works fine for me (Windows 7, Firefox).

My other main forum just went with Xenforo as well. Within a week or two all the bugs were ironed out.

It has been rough for me too I am not a computer person at all. I still need to find out how to add pics to my BT listings. Any one out there help me with this??? It has been a challenge for me as well but I am slowly getting along. I kind of enjoy poking around trying and learning new things with this new site. This pic thing is killing me though!! It has been very frustrating for me with this change but not to the point of giving up or complaining about it. Just take your time poke around and have fun doing it they are slowly working out the bugs and it will get better. This pic thing has to be dealt with though along with the editing time allowed. Can any one tell me how to add the pics to BT???

Pic posting hasn't changed. Upload your pic to the picture hosting site of your choice, get the URL to the pic from the host site, click the "insert picture" icon in the message composition toolbar, paste in the url for the pic. Exactly how it was on the old forum software.

The OPs complaint was not being able to get in. Don't think you can blame that on AK or XenForo ... it's been picture perfect here since day one. It was the OLD board that suffered severe suckage for speed and access here ...

Short version ... check with your ISP or try a reboot and see if that helps. Also, once you get it working, be sure to update any bookmarks you may have been using to access the site. Didn't have to do that here (w8.1 w/Firefox), but your local machine or browser may have "issues". It's also been mentioned that deleting your cookies might do the trick if all else fails. Once again, that seems to be OS and/or browser specific.

PS ... big milestone ... registered members now have what looks to be unlimited editing!

(I'd put up a dancing banana, but we're still waiting on that) ;-}

Can any one tell me how to add the pics to BT???

If you're adding them from your local computer, you can just drag and drop from your image folder onto a new post.

Start your post, then arrange your browser window and explorer window side by side on the screen so you can see both the AK message text box AND the image thumbnail you want to post. Left click and hold on the image, then drag and drop it onto the message box. You're then given the option to add it to the post as either a thumbnail or full size image. Click and done!

Something that really seems to be confusing people is the image size ... why are they all small? Xenforo resizes them all to a nice viewable size to save scrolling, and you can click on any image to show it at the original resolution. Clicking the full size pic again restores it to the original thread view.

Once again, fiddlybits that may annoy us curmudgeons and take a bit of getting used to, but very nice once you figure out the ins and outs. If you can figure out your semi annual new smart phone, this should be easy!

PS ... here's an example, uploaded from my local computer and posted as a thumbnail, using the process just described ... works like a champ! Multiple images would show up as a "slideshow" and just click the "X" to close the viewing window and return to the thread.

Attachments

• tad-tubes.jpg
    tad-tubes.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 14
I am not much with computers and what you said there is French to me . Appreciate the effort though.

I am not much with computers and what you said there is French to me . Appreciate the effort though.

If the pictures are on your computer, now you just have to drag them from your computer file to this box and it will automatically load them and give you a choice of thumbnail or full size. I don't like the thumbnails personally. Or here's a video to upload from file or link to online.

Paul
I thought the same thing once we got to 1,000 members. Guess what? I'm still here. :banana:

Carl

Yep, if you dd it the way we did, as adding attachments, like I think it was designed to be, the new way is a big PITA. I still have to have the wife do it for me, but it cuts way down on my picture load, so maybe that's a good thing.

Click on the Upload a File button in the lower right corner. Find your photos, and click on Open. Then when the image appears under your post, click thumbnail or full image.

Last edited:
Probably would help if we posted the directions with a really bad accent ...

"Hello, my name is Rajesh. I am with pleasure to service you today in what way?"

(Guess who just got off the line with tech support?) <G>

Edit ... to add to the fun, ATT now has voice only selections instead of allowing you to push a number to pick from the available menu items. Try using THAT when you've got serious DSL interference on your phone line ... ArghhhhHHHHHH!!

Of course, by the time I got through to Rajesh #3, my response to anything he said was "I'm sorry, I didn't catch that. Let me repeat your options." He didn't understand ... <G>

Perfect example of why we need to be able to delete posts ... I meant to put the following in another thread ... dOH!

~~~~~~~~

You could also try the playback using a couple sets of bookshelf speakers set close enough together that you know it's not the room interaction that's damping your channel so it sounds weak. You can always use those speakers in another room later ... It's not like there's any shortage of speaker outputs on the 9001 ...

One thing I miss when compared to my trusty old QR4500 ... being able to set ALL the speakers to stereo output. I though the X2 setting on the speaker selector did that, but that apparently just bridges the front and rear amps to double the power output for two channel stereo into the front speakers only. That DOES give you a butt kicking 200wpc ...

Yep, if you dd it the way we did, as adding attachments, like I think it was designed to be, the new way is a big PITA. I still have to have the wife do it for me, but it cuts way down on my picture load, so maybe that's a good thing.

Ok, so you're not helping out here, Mr.

OP: the revamped AK makes "attaching photos", etc., soooooo much simpler/easier than under the "boards" regime. It IS AS EASY as described/explained by several previous (to Jay) posts. Work @ it a little bit & you'll see (learn).

DRAG'N'DROP!
Hmmm, I bet that's hard for people with only one monitor.. Sorry for shouting, LOL. But if you can get both AK and your Picture directory open on the screen at the same time, just drag'n'drop the picture from your file directory to the AK post window (the window you type your response in).
JP Dingman at work 2013.jpg

Back
Top Bottom