Burn a CD from spotify?

Not that I would ever do this because it violates spotifys terms and conditions:
"
  • copying, redistributing, reproducing, “ripping”, recording, transferring, performing or displaying to the public, broadcasting, or making available to the public any part of the Spotify Service or the Content, or otherwise making any use of the Spotify Service or the Content which is not expressly permitted under the Agreements or applicable law or which otherwise infringes the intellectual property rights (such as copyright) in the Spotify Service or the Content or any part of it;
"IF" someone wanted to make a CD from spotify, one could simply record it real time using audacity, then one could export that file in the appropriate format, then burn it to CD.

A good read on the legality of recording streamed media can be found here.

"As the situation currently exists, it is both expressly forbidden and yet also permissible to record streaming media for your own personal use, as long as you don’t break DRM to do it."

It is strictly for my own use! My PC is a long distance from the stereo and I am running back and forth from one to the other. As long as I am not in my critical listening mode, the convenience of the lesser quality CD is tolerable.
How? I still am not sure how best to do the recording. Maybe I just won't worry about it and use a playlist (whatever that is).

Recording songs from Spotify is

tumblr_m0c3ugP0Xl1qguquao1_500.gif

There are over 30 million songs on Spotify (premium) for a sawbuck a month ... add version is free.
... and CD's are not that expensive anymore ... why bother?

Not that I would ever do this because it violates spotifys terms and conditions:
"
  • copying, redistributing, reproducing, “ripping”, recording, transferring, performing or displaying to the public, broadcasting, or making available to the public any part of the Spotify Service or the Content, or otherwise making any use of the Spotify Service or the Content which is not expressly permitted under the Agreements or applicable law or which otherwise infringes the intellectual property rights (such as copyright) in the Spotify Service or the Content or any part of it;
"IF" someone wanted to make a CD from spotify, one could simply record it real time using audacity, then one could export that file in the appropriate format, then burn it to CD.

"As the situation currently exists, it is both expressly forbidden and yet also permissible to record streaming media for your own personal use, as long as you don’t break DRM to do it."

Thank you.

Get your smartphone

Download Spotify

Sign in

Buy a $30 Chromecast

Plug in to stereo and set up with your smartphone.

Now what you basically have is Chromecast playing Spotify right into your stereo and your smartphone is the remote allowing you to control it.

No. Pirating. Required.

"...........

That Consumerist piece is a rational & equitable broad brush take on the can do/should do of the issue. With balance in mind regarding your selected quote above, I think it's worth tempering "the permissibly" factor with another very salient quote from the same article.....

The Consumerist aslo said:
..."The best-known video and music streaming businesses don’t want you recording their stuff; they want you paying a subscription fee to them every month for continued access to their stuff. That makes sense: continued monthly payments are their entire business model. If you save the content and unsubscribe, they go broke."
That there folks is the linchpin to the entire "caper". The "they" here scarves the entire music food chain. Justification via dissection of the law here is remarkably penny wise & pound foolish. Avast & consider how best to feed rather than starve a gift horse. :oops:

Spotify, Pandora, etc. are all background music, at least for me. When I go take a bath, I stream it from my iPad to a cheap little cassette player via a cassette adapter. If I hear something good, I'll research it and check on buying it.

I think a small streaming device, perhaps an old smart phone, connected to your stereo, playing directly from spotify will be easier than trying to burn CDs from a streaming service.

You don't even need to buy a chromecast, though it's the most convenient option.

Hook a desktop PC, old phone, or old laptop up to the stereo and control it with your smartphone. Spotify lets you control any device on the same network with any other device logged into the same account.

Back
Top Bottom