But for a couple of seconds...

DrumminDaddy

Hit it, Baby !!
...this would have been my wife and son.

They were directly behind the van when the car blew a stop sign like it wasn't even there. It really gives me pause to think how life could change in the blink of an eye.

Remarkably, nobody sustained any life threatening injuries.

My grandmother, who never drove a vehicle, once said to me, "Slow down, you'll get there faster."

Indeed.

IMG_0190.JPG IMG_0189.JPG IMG_0191.JPG

I was involved in a similar accident recently where the dude that hit me didn't have his headlights on and was speeding for the conditions (it was raining pretty heavily out when the accident happened) and I was driving my 2000 Chrysler Cirrus and the guy that hit me was driving a 2005 Buick Century and the crazy part is that where he hit me which was the driver side of the car, he hit me just a little bit behind where I was sitting, and if he would of hit me a couple of inches up I probably would of been seriously injured or even killed, and the bad part is that the sheer force of the guy's car that hit me, hitting my car and the speed at which he hit me caused all but the front passenger side door to no longer be opened. And of course because the intersection that I was hit at was a 2 way stop I ended up getting blamed for the accident even though I had stopped and looked both ways like 3 times and it was clear all three times when I looked when I decided to pull out when the guy suddenly came barreling at me at 50 MPH on a road that has a speed limit of 40 MPH and ontop of that the road in the direction of which the guy that hit me came from was a blind road because it had a hill and a curve both which makes it hard to see very far down the road and supposedly the guy that hit me said he saw me pulling out when he was coming down the road (but I didn't see him) which if he really would of seen me coming then why didn't he try to slow down or something like that instead of ramming into me at full speed? Anyways sorry for the long rant, but this just kind of reminded me of my accident and how some of this kind of stuff can be prevented by simply paying attention better and also not speeding.

…the dude that hit me didn't have his headlights on and was speeding for the conditions… (it was raining pretty heavily out...

'Round here, I believe you can be cited for that.

Glad you walked away from that. My stepdaughter was similarly t-boned. She pulled out from a stop where a school bus had been stopped on the intersecting road, thinking traffic would not be passing the bus. A guy blew past the school bus and t-boned her. My wife was behind in her car and horrifyingly watched her get slammed. Fortunately, no serious injuries either.

My brother drives big rigs. He sends me stuff all the time. Chilling stuff. Today's cars seem pretty well engineered to protect the occupants in a car/car crash. Tangling with a big rig is a different matter.

IMG_1576.JPG

Hard looking crash right there. Indeed, glad you & the family were not harmed.

Rome

Clearly remember this Bruce Springsteen song from 1980 ... had already lost a fellow classmate shortly after graduation at that point ... another one .... some years latter ... wreck on the highway.
I was from a small town ... my graduating class was a little less than 40 people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom