Butch Davis Fired

The initial report or my interpetation of it, was wrong in that he resigned but the bottom line is that he is gone, long gone!!!! :banana:
Maybe now the BROWNS can finally get a good NFL coach after 6 LONG years!!!

Can Randy Lerner find some good personnel???

I sure hope so. The Browns are the only pro or college sports team I even care about. I hope we get a good one this time.

Born and raised in Cleveland,
Ron

I was born and raised in C-town, too (South Euclid/Cleve Hts/Univ Hts), and fully understand the result of a Cleveland coach/manager being fired. Another suck-ass coach will be hired. Mike Hargrove & Lenny Wilkens were the best we will see for many many years. Cavs have been pathetic for over a decade, as have been the Browns since their ressurection. The Tribe? Well...Since Hart left, it has been disaster city. :no:

Cleveland teams are destined to never win championships. The Fumble, The Shot (over Ehlo), The Drive, The Curse of Colavito...It Doesnt Matter!! I am 30 years old and perhaps my child will see a Cleveland champion in HIS lifetime. :rant:

Oh, and I am NOT counting the Cleveland Force!!! MISL champs!!!! :cry:

mg196 said:
I was born and raised in C-town, too (South Euclid/Cleve Hts/Univ Hts), and fully understand the result of a Cleveland coach/manager being fired. Another suck-ass coach will be hired. Mike Hargrove & Lenny Wilkens were the best we will see for many many years. Cavs have been pathetic for over a decade, as have been the Browns since their ressurection. The Tribe? Well...Since Hart left, it has been disaster city. :no:

Cleveland teams are destined to never win championships. The Fumble, The Shot (over Ehlo), The Drive, The Curse of Colavito...It Doesnt Matter!! I am 30 years old and perhaps my child will see a Cleveland champion in HIS lifetime. :rant:

Oh, and I am NOT counting the Cleveland Force!!! MISL champs!!!! :cry:

Wow... this sounds SO much like a Boston (Red Sox) lament... up until this year of course. :D :banana: :D :banana:

Well, Boston has had the tremendous fortune to have dozens of Championship Celtics and Bruins banners hanging from their rafters. There are a couple BIG differences between BoSox fans and Indians fans:

1) Boston has put very successful teams on the field over the last 50 years even though they may not have won the Championships. From '59 to '94, Cleveland Indians won CRAP! Not even a divisional title!!

2) When BoSox fans grew weary of their team, they had other Boston teams to turn to that won and won and won...

An Indoor Soccer Championship is all Cleveland has to its name in my entire life! Now THAT blows! Drew Cary can kiss my East Side anus!

mg, I think you're right, the next coach will prolly suck too :( .

joZ, rub it in a little, why don'tcha :cry: .

Pete

You know I was very lucky, the first Browns game I ever watched as a kid was the 1964 Championship game against the Colts!! 27-0!!
They should of beat the Packers the next year too, Jim Brown dropped a sure TD pass, he was all alone and he dropped it!!! :yikes:

Keep the faith, I believe the Browns will get better and someday they will be in the Super Bowl!!! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom