Button sticking on Sony ipod dock

Patrologia

I'm not sure whether this question is better here in Digital Sources or in DIY, but here goes.
My daughter (13) bought a Sony ipod dock "Hi Fi" (CMT-V10IPN) to use in her room. I know, I know, it'll never be great sound, but it gets the job done in a small room for right now.
The only problem with it is that when you push the volume up button, about 1/4 of the time, it opens the cd player. The cd button is next to the volume up (about half an inch or so away) and so I assume there is a physical connection rather than it having "wires crossed." I also would assume if it were electrical it would always goof like that.
Like I said, ebay, and not a warehouse with 50 of these lying around for easy exchange. Will working that button 100 times or so likely set things aright (does that ever work with new electronics? The equivalent of dirty pots in a 60 yo receiver?), or is there some better solution?
I'd like to avoid her having to send it back, it's in great condition otherwise, but she's got to be able to adjust the volume!

Back
Top Bottom