buyer Beware! Two sellers, one matching text

thedelihaus

Nocturnal transmissions
Here's two ads for Adom GFA-535 II Power Amps-

Two different sellers, two amps, the same text in the body...

they both have good feedback, but only one of theamps can be the one described- "As for cosmetic flaws, there are six or seven small chips in the the finish along the top front edge of the fascia as seen in the photos. Also, the top of the unit shows several light scratches from other components set on top of it."

And only one of the seller is the one truly stating "Next time I'm using that rubberized shelf liner stuff under each component."

And only one can claim that "In my possession the amp has generally been used for single-person listening at moderate volume; I have never driven the amp to distortion or to thermal overload shutdown."

In these exact words, no less.

So, since the text isn't accurate, someone is being dishonest, even if only mildly so.

to one of them, :nono:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Adcom-GFA-535-I...ryZ71543QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Adcom-GFA-535-S...ryZ71543QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this is worth a thread ?

its just someone being lazy. not dishonest. prob didnt even read all the text. 100% feedback I wouldnt worry too much. ask questions.

I understand the warning, but your being a bit overboard.

maybe the guy does have the same unit as described or close. how do you know ? not like he used his pictures too. now that would set off alarms.

I still think he is being lazy and has a unit with the same condition.

ManFromPorlock said:
The first was started Sept 28th, the second Sept 30th. Presumably the second one is the false one.

you, my friend, are smarter than I. I didn't even think of that. Doh! :thmbsp:

bru87tr said:
this is worth a thread ?...I understand the warning, but your being a bit overboard...

If you don't think it's worth a thread, why is it worth your time responding to it?

It may not be worth you taking the time posting about it, but please hear me out why I did it-

I posted about this auction, because I know if I was looking at the item for sale, I'd like to know if the seller is being descriptive of the item he's selling, and honest about it. I don't want to hear him describe the condition of an item for sale in another auction.

think about this for a moment- if the seller is too lazy to take a minute to at least modify and reword the text to reflect the true condition of the item HE is selling, then he may be too lazy to really have tested the item, or may be too lazy to pack it properly, ect.

and even though he's got a current 100% positive feedback now, there's going to be a time when he gets his first negative. And that first negative could quickly become many more.

bru87tr said:
t... its just someone being lazy. not dishonest...maybe the guy does have the same unit as described or close. how do you know?...

He does have a unit that's the same model unit (as described), and maybe in similar condition, but he's describing it as exact as the other, which isn't entirely honest.

I'm splitting hairs here, and I'm sorry if my response rubs you the wrong way- I don't mean to be crass and it seems my response may be.

I love when someone responds to my post, either dissagreeing and refuting it, or agreeing and supporting it.

But calling it a needless post, or worthless (not worth a post), or stupid, I get a touch frustrated then.

By all means dissagree with my logic or stance on the matter, but calling a post of mine needless or not worth a post when it's obvious I felt it was worth posting, well, I feel slighted.

And I respect my fellow AK members, like you. If they feel my efforts are not respectable, it does frustrate me. And that negativity doesn't contribute much positive to the overall topic at hand.

Anyhow, I hope I've not rubbed you the wrong way with my post here. My apologies if I have. And I sincerely mean that. honest. :thmbsp:

no offense taken. we are all different and all have opinions.

I just wouldnt jump to the worst conclusion with that guy. maybe he looked to see what his item was worth and found something described the same as his. he is lazy. doesnt mean the item ist as described.

100% feedback means more to me than him being too lazy to type. after a long day of working and daily things maybe he just thought it was just as easy to use the guys description. wrong ? yes. lazy ? yes. criminal..... well, only if your not happy with that item and its not as described.

remember, he does have a 100% feedback. that goes a long way on ebay. I give him the benfit of the doubt first.

I sold a Technics SH-8065 Graphic EQ and a pair of Kenwood KL-7090 speakers to a guy on eBay, who then immediately re-advertised them on eBay with my EXACT description, only with different (better?) photos, hoping he could make a quick return. He got double the price for the EQ (which I was raging at :mad: ) and half the price for the speakers (which I smuggly grinned at :D ). I didn't have a problem with him reselling the gear, but it was a bit cheeky using my advert to his benefit! :nono:

It is an ebay policy violation to copy text or pictures without permission. If you don't like this kind of stuff report them. Ebay will pull the auction.

- Pete

LBPete said:
It is an ebay policy violation to copy text or pictures without permission. If you don't like this kind of stuff report them. Ebay will pull the auction.

- Pete

Good to know the rules, Pete. :thmbsp:

It's not enough to make me want to report the seller-- I've got bigger things to worry about in my life :D - just caught this, and made me a bit weary of the sale.

bru87tr said:
...criminal..... well, only if your not happy with that item and its not as described. ...

I wonder what eBay jail would be like? :scratch2:

Yes, hopefully the item is as good or better than described. I hope whomever wins it is happy with it and it works flawlessly. after all, that's all that's really important at the end of the auction anyhow. :thmbsp:

It would be one thing to copy the first paragraph, which is general information about the unit, but to copy the rest nearly verbatim is cheesy. (the two differ in the origin/history section).

And another thing. The owner stacked stuff on top of a power amp? An amp with little vent slots on the top? And he wants to put rubberized material under the unit on top of the amp?

Copying the ad and posting it at the same time as the original puts doubt in the mind of potential bidders. We all know that bidders don't like doubt and it will likely reduce the final price of the auction. Copying is not harmless. The first poster should be notified. If it bothers him, he can report it.

- Pete

LBPete said:
Copying the ad and posting it at the same time as the original puts doubt in the mind of potential bidders. We all know that bidders don't like doubt and it will likely reduce the final price of the auction. Copying is not harmless. The first poster should be notified. If it bothers him, he can report it.

- Pete

good point, Pete. It did put suspicion and doubt in my mind.

Still somewhat on topic, there's speakers I constantly watch for value reason, wether or not I'm planning to sell, or planning to buy.

The DCM CX-27s I've seen for sale, at least 4 pair, if not 5 now, out of 6 or 7, have copied and pasted the same exact text from the ads every time.

How do I know? They use the exact wording, and are all making a mistake about the driver configuration used on them (there's two 6" drivers in them- one is hidden behind the mesh grill of which the tweeter is mounted onto).

At least they're waiting for the sale of the previous to end.

thedelihaus said:
you, my friend, are smarter than I.

Mais naturellement!... and yet, possessed of that pleasing humility which forbids self-mention of the word handsome, or any construction involving the word 'hung'. :D

yes one thing I didnt mention and knew already.

auction text or picture copying is a ebay violation. I have had people do this to me and a simple email get them pulled.

I dont think people should do it but I know why most do...laziness. :)

I've seen ebay ads using my old listing photos several times. They probably figure if it's a close match then it's easier to cut and paste.

2 different amps. . .2 different serial numbers. . .not unusual for one seller to copy another seller's description or important wording about function. . .easy enough to fix. . .ask the seller.

Back
Top Bottom