Buying new records?

bear-hifi

Need a recommendation for where to buy new records online and what to look for in a new record. I have only had used records and don’t mind paying for new ones.

Thanks

I have had good luck with elusivedisc.com and amusicdirect.com. I have bought a few LPs from Tower Records online, but it seems they always have to special order items... but good prices nonetheless if you don't mind the wait.

the source

I usually order straight from the band's record company. I don't listen to too many mainstream bands so I find it the cheapest(or sometimes only) option to go direct.

A lot of it depends on what kind of records ya want but heres a couple that should tide you over with the others mentioned above.

www.amusicdirect.com

www.dccblowout.com

Also last I checked www.circuitcity.com still had a few Lps floating on their website. Problem is you have to search artist by artist but they used to have free shipping.

Musicweb -- http://www.musikweb.com/ -- is good for cut-out vinyl and CDs; I've ordered from them several times. I also like to order direct from the artist and/or record label -- Foe

Also lots of new stuff on eBay. Most of the larger sellers of LPs have a business of selling LPs, so you can contact them directly and see what they have. I just send them an e-mail through the eBay contact and ask them to get back to my e-mail address so you aren't working through eBay. In addition to the ones listed above, I have had good luck on occasion with www.micksmuse.com.

bear-hifi said:
So what is the difference between the $12 ones and the $40 180g records?

28 bucks :banana:

Dayum! I got my 180gm Grateful Dead "American Beauty" at Exclusive Co. in Madison for $13...great sounding record. Got it to replace my original vinyl of it that got warped.

If I got caught paying $40 for a record my wife would strangle me! :D :D :D

TP

bear-hifi said:

There are several factors involved. Primarily what they have to pay the artists/managers in the way of royalties. But a $12 180g LP sounds like a sale. Something that was not popular and they want to move to recoup their investment. $20-25 is the normal range of new, unless you buying a 45rpm 12" LP or some artist who is in high demand with only a small pressing available.

bear-hifi said:
The local independent record chain sells a lot of indie label 180gr albums for less than 15 dollars.Both of the Hives Lps were 180grs and were 13 each.A lot of young bands and small labels have 180gr records as a matter of course.
Jimmy

My Favorite Record Store

The Elusivedisc
www.elusivedisc.com

the owner is a great guy and will discuss the quality of EACH recording. he lists a lot of what he likes but can special order anything. he will provide discounts on larger orders... his name is Bob Bantz and you can say Tyler sent you.

i called this guy about 15 years ago and was really bored with my music. he seemed like a good guy and i said "send me 10 cds of your choice." they all turned out to be fantastic! i lost touch with him over the years and called him after about a 10 year hiatus and he said "didnt i once pick out some albums for you?" now, i was robbed really bad in June and lost my entire music collection of 1000+ cds. www.elusivedisc.com has helped me replace and given good disc and superfast shipping, super helpful, and i cant say enough about the level of service, packing, and attention. this is a quality seller with a true LOVE of music. give him a try and dont be put off if something has a high price, its because its rare or special in some way. AND he can get anything you want.
:banana:

Back
Top Bottom