Buying Tires Online

My Continental Winter Contact and Kumho Ecsta's are both from Tire Rack. Essentially I get overnight shipping living so close to one of their distribution centers.
I could drive to Tire Rack, but any savings in shipping are eaten up by gasoline costs and Indiana sales tax.

I've been a loyal Tire Rack customer for decades. Shipping is usually next day (I'm in VA) meaning if I order at 5-pm the tires can often arrive the next morning. I've never figured it out but that's how it works. I'm sure the volume they do has a lot to do with it. I've been to their Indiana facility and ran a Club event with them their on their track. They are also a title sponsor for our Club's Teen Driving program and a major advertiser in our magazine. Good people and good products.

A couple of weeks ago I had let my Continental DWS rear tires go a little longer than I should have on my 23-year-old BMW sedan and sat down that evening with the computer to click on a new pair of DWS. What showed up next day was the DW, a non-all-season tire. I guess I missed the important letter "S" for Snow and fixated instead on the slightly lower price. So I called them back, fessed up to my mistake, and they said they'd send out the correct pair and send me a pickup order for the wrong pair. Even though I said it was my fault, they did not charge me for the return shipping and refunded the full amount of my first order—including the shipping cost. I don't know any company that would have done that, and I didn't ask for it. The second pair arrived the next day and the UPS guy took away the first pair at the same time.

I had a problem with one of their recommended installers once and sent them photos of how they balanced the tire. That facility is no longer on their recommended list.

Tire Rack for life for me!

Back
Top Bottom